Defensive Stance.

Pox

oh defensive stance a great rule that hardly anyone seems to remember about. And if you are already in combat with a beast like lady justice can make all the difference - regardless i use defensive stance a couple of times in most games with my all female vic crew but really need a good way of showing my opponent that a certain model is using defensive stance as it can be easy to forget things like that in bigger games.

anyone use any counters/any ideas on what to use to help visualise when a character is under defensive stance?

I use random counters for defensive stance, just reverse them blank side up. It's easy to remember what it was for, because it hardly ever comes to play.

The biggest drawback to Defensive stance is that it must be the first action you make during the activation. If you want to engage someone in combat, it cuts your walk/charge range. If you are already engaged by someone like Lady J, and still alive, the damage has already been done and Defensive Stance probably won't help to keep the model alive for another turn.

Granted, some crews can heal their models and in such a case it is considerably better.

I made shrinky-dink tokens with all the game effects on them, and keep them organized by master/model in a bead organizer. It takes a bit to get used to using them but it does make it easier to look at the table and see exactly whats going on.

It also makes it easier to write up battle reports based on the photos.