Klitte's Guild

Klitte

This thread is for posting my various guild models as I finish painting them.

For now, I only have a single model to share:

"Big Brother" Francisco Ortega

Guild001.jpg

Guild002.jpg

I've aimed to give each of the Ortegas a distinct look and personality.

As Francisco is the snazziest dresser, the eldest (who isn't certifiable, anyway) and a duellist, I decided he would be the fanciest.

I've looked at Mariachis for inspiration for his look. The embroidered white trim on his coat looks pretty crappy blown up with macro photography like this. But at a few feet's distance, looking down at him on a tabletop, it actually does work.

Gold-plated, silver-handled peacebringer, and gold-plated sword on his back. Silver ornamented sombrero. It's clear that Francisco is more about style than substance.

Apart from the fanciness, I've tried to make him seem like a grizzled old mutt. Slightly greying hair and a stern scowl pulls it off to make him the eldest and most severe of the Familia.

Currently on the drawing table: Niño (no WIP pics though as currently he's really just a mess of various brown, black and grey base colours)

• 5 weeks later...

Well it's about high time I did some updating.

I've recently finished these two guys:

Niño Ortega

Guild001-1.jpg

Guild002-1.jpg

Guild003.jpg

Not exactly pretty, I know. But it looks fine at tabletop distance, and frankly while the model is pretty cool, it doesn't really inspire me, painting-wise.

I put a bit more effort into the other Ortega I finished, Santiago.

Unlike the more natural colours of Niño, I decided that a gung-ho hotshot like Santiago would be in more bold colours. Faded jeans seemed appropriate, and the red coat was decided on, inspired by Hellsing and Trigun.

Guild004.jpg

Guild006.jpg

Guild007.jpg

Santiago say "freeze pendejo!":

Guild005.jpg

Wow, looking at the pictures, Santiago is going to need some touching up.

His eyes were a bitch to paint, and apparently they came out way too big (they actually look ok on the model), plus the pics have helped me spot a few mistakes that need correcting.