Hooded Rider?? Huh?

ricottma

The riders cost really caught me off guard too. But 30 bucks for a large model that looks cool is worth it to me.

As for the rides, I think their strength comes in there versitilty of them. They are really strong and are great in any army. I haven't looked to much at the Undead's pony boy. But Mechanical Rider and Hooded Rider are great and will fit nice in am army, even without synergy. Plus the fact that they will work in any army makes their price tag more reasonable.

putting the topic of GW aside if you build the three rider list it will be the most pricy list in Malifaux if all the riders are 30$ models. it would be arounda 120$ list with levy and waifs. But man would it look and be sweet! I kinda wanta play it. =).

But as for cav, full metal horsemen and the size and wait of the thing its a fair price. If its too much for some well there are other models.

But I agree that I am enjoying that wyrd has fair prices on things as it is, and the fact that you can get most armies for under 45$ is awsome.

Though im not really saving money, i am just buying more, 8 armies and counting inculding one rez army with 20+ figs, nicadem is pricey and I cant wait to add the dead rider.

Malifaux models area bout triple as expensive as a GW model of the same size.

You're comparing apples with applepie. Compare METAL GW models with METAL Wyrd models and the price is actually way cheaper than anything GW calls for their larger metal kits.

Think metal has more detail? Pick up the new Blood Angels

I did, ugly, overloaded with HUGE things that could pass as detail from five feet. Wyrd isn't big on tiny details either (as a stylistic choice I believe), but if you pick up infinity or helldorado model and compare it to any GW plastic it's quite clear the plastic is simply crude. it's getting there, and I suspect GW doesn't make full use of the possibilities (no engravings, only building up), but for now metal and resin still hold more detail.

Edited by Poko

Expensive is playing a 35pt Warmachine Game with eVlad Tier list running two Min units of Iron Fang Ulhans (about $75 for three Pewter Cav) and then wanting to move to 50pts and making them 5 man units (about another $20 per Cav so another $80ish). But man it is a fun list. This is also not including the Unit of IFP, and Great Bears, plus eVlad and Drago, maybe a Wardog too?

I think that paying around $30 for a pewter Cav is fine since it is a large model, you may be paying for the weight of the Pewter, you are only ever going to buy one of them for your list, since last time I checked you cannot field multiple Unique figs. Now if you buy all three that is a different tale altogether, but still reasonable.

Now GW prices I think is a whole different can of worms altogether, and I think are over priced. PP prices I think are reasonable for what you get and pay for (they charge by Pewter Weight, and difficulty of casting model).