Seishin and Oriental Spirits

Ratty

I'm wanting to sculpt from scratch my last 2 Seishin, the basic body shouldn't really be an issue, I was considering doing one coming out of a traditional Japanese shrine. My major issue is the faces for them, does anyone have any good reference pictures of suitable spirits. I'm going have a look through my Lot5r cards.

It's a good start, it lead me to this mask which looks like it might work.. and I like Tengu

karura-r.jpg

Which is a nice base to work off. It needs a bit more detail, I think I might take some of the details from

222px-Tengu_Mask_gray_side.jpg

and mix it in.

For the Second one I'm thinking of starting with this.

ja-r.jpg

I think if I take it's hair back along the line of the Seishin it should lengthen the shape enough.

Edited by Ratty

It might help to read up a bit on Japanese folklore first, they have thousands of spirits (almost all of Kirai's models have a folklore counterpart- except Seishin). You could start with Tsukomogami- objects that have lasted for 100 years and have gained sentience, they can be almost anything. Perhaps more fitting would be the Hitodama- a fireball ghost that appears when someone dies (very appropriate considering her rules!)

It might help to read up a bit on Japanese folklore first, they have thousands of spirits (almost all of Kirai's models have a folklore counterpart- except Seishin). You could start with Tsukomogami- objects that have lasted for 100 years and have gained sentience, they can be almost anything. Perhaps more fitting would be the Hitodama- a fireball ghost that appears when someone dies (very appropriate considering her rules!)

There exists a mini in an alternate range (cant remember which) that is a demon of some sort and detaches from the body at night in order to stalk prey... its freakin scary as...

Comes from Oriental folklore... not sure if its Japanese, but you could always paint the head Geisha-esque...