Shouldn't the Mature Nephilim be able to Pick units up and drop them?

Sandwich

Well, here's a question for you- can Mature Nephilim achieve sustained flight? There's no fluff about them (unless there's some in the chronicles) so there's no way of knowing:dontknow:. Young Nephilim certainly could not fly at all on the tiny wings they have exept via magic or strength unlike anything in existence. Mature Nephilim aren't doing much better honestly, their wings are a lot bigger but their bodies are too. Maybe the best they can do is jump really high and glide.

Any model that did have sustained flight would present many more problems than this. For example they could fly too high to bee attacked in melee, or ranged for that matter, on turns when they weren't diving down to pick up counters or kill things or whatnot. So my assumption is that Malifaux models either can't fly properly, or simply choose not to because they would be too high to attack anything or interact with the battlefield in any meaningful way for objectives and whatnot. Anything flying up that high would simply not be part of the encounter.

Actually that reminds me of a game I had years ago, still have the pieces around somewhere, in which there was a paratrooper model that was not deployed at the beginning of the game, but could join in at any time after the 2nd turn or something like that. Wyrd already has some similar rules for bete and Killjoy, it'd be neat to see them applied to a flying model. Perhaps the model could take an (all) action to fly into the air again, causing it to be "buried" and be able to re-deploy again later in the game.

/rant

EDIT: come to think of it, Bad Juju's rules are basically what it would need, plus an (all) action that allowed it to bury itself, and subsequently be allowed to come in again starting on the next turn.

Edited by bigstupidfighter

Well, I suppose that is correct.

They are rather meaty.

So couldn't Lilith then have her wee Malifaux Cherubim fly as high as its fat little wings could carry it, and then transposition it with something that can't fly?

Or even more possible.

Couldn't Lilith, in a Lilith vs. Nicodem, transposition one of Nicodem's zombies with a Vulture perched high above the battle field, in impassable terrain?

Couldn't Lilith, in a Lilith vs. Nicodem, transposition one of Nicodem's zombies with a Vulture perched high above the battle field, in impassable terrain?

You, sir, are a genius. That's a very nice 1-AP way to eliminate a model, although admittedly it would still be on the map which could be an issue for reconnoiter or similar things. Very situational since it only works against one master and one type of terrain.

On a similar note, since Lillith makes frequent use of flyers, she could transposition enemy models with her own flyers that are on hazardous terrain. The default damage for hazardous terrain is something really high and there's no defense dlip. 3/4/7 I think but I don't have the book. There's autokilling terrain out there too, bottomless pitts and such. So if you have the oppurtunity to pick terrain (by the book you are supposed to be placing half the terrain off of a usually fairly long list) this could definitely be an interesting tactic to try out.