Transportation

thekolo

So I now have enough Malifaux figures where transportation is becoming an issue. They are growing out of just keeping them in the started boxes and throwing them in the brief case. I have been getting several breakages and my paint keeps chipping. As a result I could use some miniature transportation solutions.

Currently I have roughly 40 miniatures with mostly 30mm bases. I would like a something that lets me transport them all at the same time and I would rather it not be horribly expensive. IE 75 bucks for that Malifaux game is almost half of what I spent on the actual miniatures so far. I've never shopped for miniature transportation solutions before so I don't even really know what to look for.

Before I got my Malifaux bag I was storing my figures on the cheap. I used old shoe boxes (I had a bunch of them lying around) and I bought plucked foam trays from a local game store. Worked fairly well. You could also look into doing what some other people do. Buy a toolkit style plastic case from a hardware store and then magnetize the bases and put metal in the toolkit to keep the figures from moving.

There are a bunch of options to fit every price range. On the cheap end, you have the minis wrapped in a soft tissue in a Tupperware container; you can either purchase magnetized bases, or add magnets to your bases (either superglue them in or Greenstuff them in) and use a metal toolbox to transport them (absolutely no chance of chipping from contact with other materials, but can be quite heavy in comparison - plus, you can put a layer of ferrous metal on your steeper terrain and don't have to worry about the minis falling over); you can use cheap fishing tackle boxes, but that leaves you open to breakages. Personally, I find the Cases to be the best option, as the bigger cases can easily handle 5-6 times their money's worth in minis (my Warmachine bag, which is getting close to full now, holds almost all of my painted Warmachine, Hordes, and Malifaux miniatures - which accounts for several hundred dollars worth of minis - not bad for a $150 price tag).

Magius out.

The Sabol Army Transport bags are fantastic for the price. $65 and you get a big bag with multiple pluck foam trays. The three inch pluck foam EASILY fits LCB on his back with room to spare. Another good option for the backpack carrying type is the miniatures cases from Chessex. They take a bit of cutting to fit certain figures but they are great if you are only transporting 4-5 crews.

Yeah I don't want to sound like a Wyrd fanboy but I really like the Malifaux bag. Its expensive but it really stores a lot of minis in a nice compact bag. With spots for both books, my tourney tray, all my counters, stat cards(I laminate mine so they fit in the one pouch perfectly), 2 decks and my rulers.