Need a Train for Your Station?

the imp

That is a pretty sweet kit. Unless you are lucky to get something cheap from a toy store, most decent 1/56 or 'O' scale train kits are around that price these days anyway.

Its a bit steep for an individual purchase for terrain, but Im sure clubs can pitch in together for something that adds value for all. You could even 'science' it up like the train at the end of Back to the Future 2.

All in all, a nice centrepiece for a board or diorama.

A guy that writes a blog I follow had nothing but problems ordering from their company. It took a couple of months to get his handful of models. They do beautiful work, their costumer service leaves much to be desired though...

It is a nice looking train. I'd troll eBay (as was suggested) and look for some cheap plastic snap together set so I could kitbash it all to hell in order to steampunk it up.

I'd check out garage sales and Antique stores. My Dad collects trains and there is a market for antique "O" scale stuff but most people don't realize it. My dad has spent 5 dollars on engines that are worth thousands to collectors.

Plus if you look for antique 50s era "O" scale you will find a lot of Old West/Victorian era trains(since cowboys were so big back then). And they will be fully metal which means they will hold up well.