Tactica: Seamus

Sandwich

That's what I had said.

You cannot (1)Lure them, so its best just to throw your Belles on them and stop them from doing anything by locking them in combat.

Using Seamus and possibly another Belle to get everything else done.

Unless you absolutely must engage them in combat with Seamus, I'd strongly suggest against it. For most Strategies and Schemes you'll be fine just running about taking care of business while your Belles cause problems.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a game like that, it's always easier to just use rocket Belles and Seamus to get other things done without ever messing around with combat, at least that's my 2 cents.

Does very much depend on the Strategy, sometimes you really do need to deal with models.

That's what I had said.

You cannot (1)Lure them, so its best just to throw your Belles on them and stop them from doing anything by locking them in combat.

Using Seamus and possibly another Belle to get everything else done.

Unless you absolutely must engage them in combat with Seamus, I'd strongly suggest against it. For most Strategies and Schemes you'll be fine just running about taking care of business while your Belles cause problems.

Was wanting to make sure i understood what you meant lol.

I think the next time I try and play against Zoraida i will do better. Thanks again for all the hard work you have done on this Tactica,it is really really useful for those of us just starting out.

Was wanting to make sure i understood what you meant lol.

I think the next time I try and play against Zoraida i will do better. Thanks again for all the hard work you have done on this Tactica,it is really really useful for those of us just starting out.

Most definately, feel free to report any ideas back so we can make this Tactica a whole lot bigger. :]

And you're very welcome. :]

Excellent write up, Im just about to start Malifaux and my first choice (Going purely on looks from the catalog) before learning anything about the game was Seamus. After prowling the forums for quite some time now I think Seamus is still my first choice. A large part of that is because of your write up, its nice to start new with some help and not be walking blind. Plus its nice because I like the looks of Seamus the best.

Cheers, T

• 2 weeks later...

Instead of shafted triggering when they end their activation,now it triggers when they end a move OR a push. Given the sheer amount of pushes that a Seamus crew can pop out,throwing in a couple crooked men seems a no brainer.

Your going to want to lure your enemy regardless,giving them the chance to be paralyzed or damaged when you get them in position is a no brainer lol.

Instead of shafted triggering when they end their activation,now it triggers when they end a move OR a push. Given the sheer amount of pushes that a Seamus crew can pop out,throwing in a couple crooked men seems a no brainer.

Your going to want to lure your enemy regardless,giving them the chance to be paralyzed or damaged when you get them in position is a no brainer lol.

Ah.. you said Hanged not Crooked in your original post..

It's been a couple days, sorry. :[

Ratty,

Von Schill is an amazing model for 10 points, I'm going to finish up the other Mercs before I give him and his Freikorps their own special spot, but Von Schill is brutal.

Absolutely love him.

Alley Cat, the problem is, that Shafted Marker is really, really finesse-ey.

You really need to have picture perfect positioning to get them to be utterly lethal, or else you're just wasting Lures trying to get a model paralyzed (Which other models can do for you a lot easier, in one activation.)

I really like the Crooked Man model, but in a tactical overview, I would be shelfing them in favor of other models. :[

(Like Von Schill. ;])

Well,I would think that most times you should have clear idea of where you will be luring models. And since its a 30MM marker which is 1" across and you have a 2" radius of effect around it,that's a 5" threat radius. Meaning one walk action for..almost all models will drop it within the range of that marker. Especially given that your Lure doesn't have to be a direct line,just closer. Alternately,you can drop one underneath say...the convict gunslinger. He generally doesn't need to move with a Seamus list,because the belles can bring the opponent in range for shooting...and if your opponent charges or moves into melee,they set off the shafted marker. Also,almost if not all of your opponents forced movement's require you to move the full distance and are over 2 inches so chances are good its unlikely your gonna set it off.

Is there a place to look at the abilities and such of the people from Rising powers if you don't have access to the Rising Powers book?

Well,I would think that most times you should have clear idea of where you will be luring models. And since its a 30MM marker which is 1" across and you have a 2" radius of effect around it,that's a 5" threat radius. Meaning one walk action for..almost all models will drop it within the range of that marker. Especially given that your Lure doesn't have to be a direct line,just closer. Alternately,you can drop one underneath say...the convict gunslinger. He generally doesn't need to move with a Seamus list,because the belles can bring the opponent in range for shooting...and if your opponent charges or moves into melee,they set off the shafted marker. Also,almost if not all of your opponents forced movement's require you to move the full distance and are over 2 inches so chances are good its unlikely your gonna set it off.

Is there a place to look at the abilities and such of the people from Rising powers if you don't have access to the Rising Powers book?

Well you don't get to move a lured model any way you want as long as it's closer, it has move by whichever route gets it closest to the Luring Belle. But seeing as you can move the Belle then lure I think you have a good chance of getting it in the right book.

• 2 weeks later...
Well you don't get to move a lured model any way you want as long as it's closer, it has move by whichever route gets it closest to the Luring Belle. But seeing as you can move the Belle then lure I think you have a good chance of getting it in the right book.

It's especially funny when you Lure enemy models off of terrain pieces. In a recent game, my opponent parked an Austringer on a plateau that had to be climbed, so I just Lure-Lure-Lured until he took the closest path to my Belle - stepping off the sheer cliff. One severe flip later, and bye bye Austringer.

In the words of my opponent:

"Hey, t*ts!....CRUNCH!"

i love the tactica it helps me out no end as my master is seamus, though i would like to know what your opinion is on using the desolation engine with seamus? i have used it on a couple of occasions and have found it to be relatively useful and he can be manipulated quite easily by the belles.

Er how are you getting the Desolation Engine into a Seamus crew, as far as I know it's not a mercenary or a Ressurectionist model.

I don't know if it was mentioned yet but the descriptions of Undead Psychosis and Distract should involve that you can cast it on your own models which comes very handy if you want to hit a high wp model or even something with immunity. Especially with the Psychosis, I cast it almost as often on my own as on my opponent's minions.