Silly question, no doubt... (Belles of the Ball)

Penemue

I don't think this is correct. I believe the target has to move toward the caster in the most direct route possible, only moving around impassable terrain. If there is severe or hazardous terrain, they still have to move through it (suffering any penalties). I believe the only limitation to that is that the move can't be used to deliberately kill a model - like walking into lava.

Lure Pushes the target in a straight line towards the caster of the spell. That means they go through units and most terrain. They cannot be pushed into / past impassable terrain but can certainly be pushed the distance of their walk through rough terrain and then be forced to walk out of it with Walk Penalties.

My deliberation was intended for Impassable terrain.

As far as I know, it can kill a model. There's no kill-terrain in standard Malifaux, so there's no book rule on it, but I know that you can be pulled off a building to your doom (Sad, sad personal story...).

I must be thinking of 'Obey' which specifically says the action can't cause a model to kill itself.

@Sandwich - that's what I get for not reading the entire thread.

I must be thinking of 'Obey' which specifically says the action can't cause a model to kill itself.

Its nothing to worry about.

I think Obey specifically says that the model cannot Sacrifice itself, but you can certainly run it into something that would end its wee little life.

Yarp. The FAQ info on "pushing":

Pushes

Q: Does a push have to be in a straight line?

A: No (p.47).

Q: If an effect allows me to Push an enemy model (no

restriction on direction), can I choose to push it off an

elevation, or onto a Shafted counter, or into hot lava?

A: Yes. As long as the Push is a legal move, the model can be Pushed into terrain/effects that can harm it (p.47).

Generally, no model may use an ability (or be forced to use an ability) that will rob it off it's last wound. Since this represents external factors, like terrain, delivering the coup de gras, seems it's legal to walk (or drag) someone to their death. I think.

Obey might be different, since a walk action while hypnotized is still a walk action, not a push. Can you cast Obey on an enemy model, then walk it off a cliff?

Edited by Hatchethead