Arcanists in Rp - few questions

Tory

Hi guys!

yesterday I finally got my Rising Powers and while reading it I found some problems, which, I hope, you help me to solve. :)

Colette Can she cast “Now You See It…” on herself?

Kaeris

How many tomes does she have in Ignite Cb (in Ignite stats there is Cb 6:tomes:tomes, while in triggers there is only one grey:tomes )?

Mannequin

Mannequin was hit by the Ryle Guild Pawn Gatling Gun. The damage was 4 + 4. The question is how many damage points Mannequin (Object 2, Armor 3) suffer? Two [4-5 (min 1) + 4-5 (min 1)] or three (8 -5)? In other words is the gatling special ability damage counted as extra attack or it is add to the normal severe damage?

Silent One

Does the ‘turn to Ice’ last until the end of game?

Gunsmith

Gunsmith is shooting using explosive ammo and triggers ‘experimental’. Does he add:blast to his new dg?

Mechanical Rider

Can I lower the turn number twice? For example it is turn 6. Two turns before I changed mechanical rider turn by 2 (from 4 to 2). Now in the 6 turn he is set to be in 4 turn. Can I switch him one more time into turn 2?

Hi guys!

yesterday I finally got my Rising Powers and while reading it I found some problems, which, I hope, you help me to solve. :)

Bring it on!

Colette Can she cast “Now You See It…” on herself?

No, it says -other- Showgirl.. But why would you ever cast it?

Kaeris

How many tomes does she have in Ignite Cb (in Ignite stats there is Cb 6:tomes:tomes, while in triggers there is only one grey:tomes )?

I think it's safe to assume that her Cb listing on two tomes is the correct one.

Mannequin

Mannequin was hit by the Ryle Guild Pawn Gatling Gun. The damage was 4 + 4. The question is how many damage points Mannequin (Object 2, Armor 3) suffer? Two [4-5 (min 1) + 4-5 (min 1)] or three (8 -5)? In other words is the gatling special ability damage counted as extra attack or it is add to the normal severe damage?

I believe it's still only one source of damage.

Silent One

Does the ‘turn to Ice’ last until the end of game?

No. All effects without a listed ending defaults to end during the Resolve Effects part of the ending phase.

Gunsmith

Gunsmith is shooting using explosive ammo and triggers ‘experimental’. Does he add:blast to his new dg?

Unfortunately it doesn't.

Mechanical Rider

Can I lower the turn number twice? For example it is turn 6. Two turns before I changed mechanical rider turn by 2 (from 4 to 2). Now in the 6 turn he is set to be in 4 turn. Can I switch him one more time into turn 2?

It's a (0) action so you can't cast it more than once per activation. And the ability remeasures the current turn at the beginning of each activation phase. It's only possible via a reactivate from either Brass Arachnid or Hoffman (can't think of others).

Meep meep~~~!!

Edit:

On another thought the Mechanical Riders Power Manipulation refers to the current turn number so even with reactivate it's not possible.

Edited by Wodschow

Thx guys! Now most of the problems seem clear to me.

However I still have problem with Ignite trigger, so please tell me if I understand it well.

Kaeris shoots using Ignite and she inflicts damage. As she have Cb 6:tomes:tomes she automatically activates trigger. In the 'Turn it Up" description we may read "at a cumulative -1:tomesCb", so the second attack is made with the 5:tomes (I suppose 1 tome is lost due to mentioned description). However if I use :tomes card when making the second attack I still have 2 :tomes in my total and I can activate trigger one more time the same as Rasputine does with her spell. Am I right or wrong?

Actually on her third cast she can obtain :tomes :tomes aswell, it requires a fair bit of luck though.

Since she's a Soulstone User she can flip that extra card which might happen to be a :tomes. :)

I believe there is no such thing as negative suits and Cb, so in theory she could continue like this forever (not exactly as she's limited by the deck and size of your soulstone pool, but you get the point).