My First 30ss Crew

VonWyll

Hi All.

I am new to Malifaux I decided to start with a McMounrning list. The Club I'm at predominantly plays 30 soulstone lists and here is what I've been thinking.

Doctor McMourning

Sebastian, Morgue Assistant

2 Rotten Belle

4 Canine Remains

2 Guild Autopsies

1 Zombie Chihuahua

1 Additional Soulstone/Body Part

I would be interested in hearing commentary or any tips you might have regarding this.

I've currently played 2 games and I used a Nurse in place of the Guild Autopsies because they came in the box. I'm not really a fan of how the Nurses work on the table, which is a shame because i tend to think they are cool models. That said, I am eager to replace them with something else and some pistols with positive twists seemed like a solid bet.

It's difficult to put together a list without first knowing the strat/schemes of the game. Malifaux is meant to be list tailored to the situation, so keep that in mind. As for the list, I don't really see the strength in guild autopsies. They don't provide corpse counters when they die and they can be easily summoned into the game (3 BP's) if the situation arises. I would drop one of the belles (you only really need one, and they're relatively easy to keep safe with range 18") and the guild autopsies and pick up some punk zombies / crooked men (depending on the strat/schemes). Sebastian can be a beatstick, but he really slow, consider using the belle to help get him into position.

McMourning is my favorite master as he can be really brutal when the situation / cards arise. Have fun, and happy dissecting!

Thanks for the reply. I was just thinking of having them for shooting because let's face it, they couldn't be worse then a nurse.

That said, I was really hoping for some suggestions as to models that work particularly well with the good Doctor because I sort of feel the original McMourning box set is, well, not very good. My partner plays Lady Justice and I'm just really not pulling my weight in the game, at all.

I also have a very Noob question. Is there a page in the rulebook that says 'all actions only apply for a turn unless stated otherwise' or something to that degree? Because I really can't find it. I mean, I assume that by discarding one body part McMourning doesn't permanently gain Fast, so is there a page referance I could get?

I also have a very Noob question. Is there a page in the rulebook that says 'all actions only apply for a turn unless stated otherwise' or something to that degree? Because I really can't find it. I mean, I assume that by discarding one body part McMourning doesn't permanently gain Fast, so is there a page referance I could get?

It's in the Errata. If I remember correctly, all the effects without specified end-time in their rules end in the Closing Phase.

Righto, I wasn't aware there was an errata. I am fairly new to this sort of thing in general. That would explain why I couldn't find it in the book.

There are 2 erratas. That is pretty daunting, but they'll probably get united together with Book 2 Errata, which I suspect is in the working right now (considering hugely diminished presence of the Marshals on the forums in the last couple of weeks).

The Errata in PDF is the main document.

Then there's Extra Errata which you can find in Rules forum, which contains fixes and adjustments to the original errata - sorts of a living errata as it changes periodically.

Then on some subjects there are rulings on the forums - they generally help to understand better how the rules work, but there is a case or two where rules become easy to understand only after you read the clarification on the forums.

Best to research these things as you go (i.e. after every game check the rules for things you haven't been sure of).

Thanks Q'iq'el, I downloaded the Errata and Faq (are these the only two?) Sorry, it's a lot to take in for someone who is relatively new to these things. I appreciate the helpful advice. I really like this game, i just keep finding that it seems to be getting more and more complicated.