Leveticus Brawl

Blank

I want to brawl with Levi. I've read posts and threads and I've encountered a problem.

What are my options with masters (or henchmen)?

There's Hoffman, Ramos… and Hamelin. Henchmen, there's Molly, Kaeris and Collodi.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I can see issues with all but Ramos and Hoffman. Hamelin will limit your crew to canines and maybe a few key models. Molly will limit you to Belles. Kaeris… well she can only hire M&SU, which is like, what, Joss? Collodi… only dolls.

Really? I mean are Hoffman and Ramos the only two Masters to team up with Levi (and be decent at it)? Would it just be easier to brawl with Levi alone? Hm, any advice is greatly appreciated on this matter. :)

Kaeris doesn't qualify to be hired by Levi as she is not in fact a construct.

In fact I don't think as per the rules Henchmen can be used as Masters in Brawls. I just bumped an old post about this to see if I coud lure a rules marshal onto the scene and clear it up.

I will say I doubt the extra 10 ss for using one master would be better than having Ramos or Hoffman tag along.

Edited by bigstupidfighter

You seem to have a wrong understanding of how Henchmen work during Brawls. They can't act as Masters and they don't limit your crew selection in any way. Also Kaeris isn't a Construct.

Hoffman and Ramos are solid and I think Hamelin is interesting aswell (oh so many cards <3), but as you say mostly Canines might be a bit boring.

Ramos is old news as he was Leveticus' only ally in Book1 (although he -should- be able to work with anyone fluffwise as his services really are for anyone).

Hoffman is interesting as he is suddenly allowed to work with -all- constructs. Lovely. Haven't looked for things to do with it though as I'm not that interested about Brawls in the first place.

You really should be grateful that you aren't stuck with only Ramos as Leve players were back in Book1.

You seem to have a wrong understanding of how Henchmen work during Brawls. They can't act as Masters and they don't limit your crew selection in any way. Also Kaeris isn't a Construct.

Hoffman and Ramos are solid and I think Hamelin is interesting aswell (oh so many cards <3), but as you say mostly Canines might be a bit boring.

Ramos is old news as he was Leveticus' only ally in Book1 (although he -should- be able to work with anyone fluffwise as his services really are for anyone).

Hoffman is interesting as he is suddenly allowed to work with -all- constructs. Lovely. Haven't looked for things to do with it though as I'm not that interested about Brawls in the first place.

You really should be grateful that you aren't stuck with only Ramos as Leve players were back in Book1.

Hm. I see your points. Thanks for clearing up that Henchman stuff for me. I thought that if they acted like masters, then it would do the whole Hamelin thing were everyones restrictions fall into place. This all makes sense now. (Misread Kaeris)

As for Hoffman and Ramos, I guess I'm just not interested because I was never really interested in Ramos in book 1 to begin with. I suppose I could look into Hoffman. Or maybe work my way around with Hamelin.

Anyway, thanks for the help. It's why I always come to the forums first.

In brawls it's generally much better to have two masters than getting the +10 SS.

Even if you just like Leveticus, I'd say get Hoffman to tag along. He can pseudo-'keep pace' with your abominations and can boost them and all that kind of stuff through various means.

Actually thinking it through:

- Hoffman let's your Abomination train turn up its speed tremendously.. Since he lets you ignore the 'Hobbled' ability.

- He can give one of the Abominations Reactivate, which should carry on to the Desolation Engine.

- Dampening protects them from blasts and some pulses.

- Machine Puppet to get 2~3 extra attacks with the Desolate.

So yeah.. Play Leve like you'd play him and consider Hoffman a 6SS power boost for whatever construct you'd bring along with Leveticus anyway. (10 SS for second master in brawls minus Hoffmans Cache of 4).

Edit:

Just give Hoffman some sort of construct and you're set, maybe a Mobile Toolkit aswell (3SS).

Ramos and Hamelin are both more demanding.

Ramos requires some sort of help I think to work properly and he's more of a backline supporter/caster whereas Hoffman is a frontline supporter, more in line with how Leveticus is usually run.

Ramos does make the 2 cards from Alyce more likely though as you need to focus less on Leves placement when she's nearby Ramos to get the bonus.

If you like Leveticus' crews stay away from Hamelin, he corrupts anything apparently and when taken with Leve your crew will consist of Alyce, Nix and alot of canines that will all turn into Rats and Ratcatchers given enough time. I'm coming from Hamelins side of perspective though and Leve seems like a perfect Sidekick in a brawl with the two.

So if you want Leve to be the star bring Hoffman or Ramos I guess, preferably Hoffman as he's the least demanding of the two.

Edited by LastDinosaur