Hoffman list could use feedback

Raintar

I haven't tried it yet but I thought of a pretty interesting concept for a list. In 30SS: Hoffman(6SS), Guardian, Joss, Toolbox, Steampunk Arachnid Swarm, Steampunk Arachnid.

The concept of the army is basically this: Joss is going to kill everything. The Guardian will protect him, and the toolbox will be healing him. Hoffman can make strikes with him to charge his generator or use a split arachnid swarm to do a ton of damage with Open Circuit. Joss will be reactivating every turn using his ability and then by Hoffman for two reactivations. After his first reactivation he can raise armor or he can use charges to increase damage at will. Feedback I haven't played the list just yet but maybe another Hoffman player can tell me their experiences.

Sounds like a sweet combo..

Just one thing:

Hoffman: (4 cache)

Guardian: 7 SS

Toolkit: 4 SS

Joss: 10 SS

Steampunk Arachnid Swarm: 10 SS

Steampunk Arachnid: 4 SS

Total: 35 SS

So a (-1) Cache in your 30 SS game..? Even if you didn't count the +1SS out of faction cost you wouldn't be inside a 30SS game :S

I like the idea of Hoffman/Joss/Toolkit though.. Hadn't considered Joss with him at all.

How do you intend for the spiders to keep up though? If you do at all that is..

Also, every time Joss uses his reactivate he takes 2 wounds. Strikes only generate tokens on a :tomes :tomes which he can't get if hoffman has him attack out of turn (cb 6 :rams) Otherwise the most tokens Joss can get a turn is 2 (activate and charge)

I also don't see the value of the toolkit for Hoffman. adding the :tomes only helps with one spell.

@Nutcase: Joss' trigger makes him generate 2 counters, he'll still gain one when acting as Hoffman's Puppet.

The Toolkit does several things for Hoffman (albeit a bit expensive), first and foremost it follows him at all time (which other totems can't) giving him an extra construct close to. This means he gets +1 Ca and +1 Dg on on Open Circuit.

It can heal a construct nearby (thus Hoffman aswell thanks to Feedback) without using scrap which is nice. Controlled Detonation is also nice and followed by detonate scrap can do quite some damage.

@Nutcase: Joss' trigger makes him generate 2 counters, he'll still gain one when acting as Hoffman's Puppet.

Joss only gains a counter for the trigger with double :tomes in the flip(or brutal damage). And its only one counter per trigger not 2. With Hoffman using his ability to make attacks through Joss it uses cb 6 :rams meaning you can't get the trigger for tokens.

Now if he uses the reactivate (2) spell then yes Joss will get more tokens.

Joss only gains a counter for the trigger with double :tomes in the flip(or brutal damage).

I'm not sure how you came to this conclusion?

"Dynamic Generator: When this model activates, and any time it Charges or takes a melee Strike Action, it gains 1 Power Counter..."

So one counter for announcing the strike, a second if you get the trigger off.

Can't find any errata about Joss concerning the matter, could you quote it please?