Faction Hopping

I did write wall of text but the majority of it was irrelevant. So I want to ask something to the Public, and Community!

Do you think Masters will start Faction Jumping? As we see from both the first and second book the faction barrier is starting to fade, with Levi taking any machine, or souless model. Kirai taking any spirt, Marcus any beast, Zorida anyone with WP 4 or less. The barrier is slowly seeming to fade ya know?

Also when I got into this game I became Guild Loyal, undead and demons don't really interest me so it's either the government or the mafia, and since no one in the mafia interests me "yet" I went with the guild...

[[white text! If you don't have book 2 don't highlight]]

If you have read book two to the end, or don't care about spoilers you probably know what I'm complaining about. Lucius fighting Sonnia Criid? I mean she's not the Most Guildy Person on the planet but I don't she'd leave or try and fight against the guild when she works for them for so long, and leads an ENTIRE section head! Also it did occur to me that the Guild just might try and overthrow the Governor General, and instate Lucius as the General which would be Bad Ass but doesn't sound very Guild-ish either. So if he gets away with... whatever the hell he's planning then what? Sonnia gets kicked out or something?

Edited by gunpowder saint

I haven't gotten book 2 yet (Hopefully tonight *crosses fingers*) but I'm not too worried about the faction blurring of models like Zoraida or Marcus. In general, there's an extra soul-stone cost for out of faction models (unless stated otherwise, Marcus). Rather than blurring of factions, I think of it as more character for the... character... Zoraida is overly talented at taking over weaker minds. Marcus is renowned for his power over animals, etc.

I wouldn't start getting worried about faction bleed until _any_ Guild crew could take any $non_Mercenary_model from another faction, Rezzers were taking $awesome_Guild_model, and so on.

It's definately happening but I don't see it as a bad thing as such. Even in book 1 most of the masters played very differently, even within faction. Given the Character nature of the game it seems very justified in fluff with a lot of political machinations and such.

An example of why I like it so much will be the Dog/rat/child horde of Hamelin the Plagued.

I like the bleed. It offers players the opportunity to purchase, paint and play with figs outside of their chosen faction(s).

I support the MOAR MINIS initiative. :thumb:

Also, on the flipside, if you already have a few crews with mini's that fit then you may be able to get a whole new crew with the purchase of just a Master.