Book 2 Strategy/Scheme Cards

Berman

In my (limited) experience, my Guild crews have little/no problem stopping anything getting even near my D-zone. I think that's my biggest issue there. The only time I struggle in getting 2pts from Hold Out is vs Gremlin swarms, just because there are so many models.

Of the tourney and games I've played, taking Hold Out is THE easiest way, bar none, of scoring 2 VPs. I feel dumb not taking (and announcing) it if I want to win games (as in a tourney).

Maybe not an auto-score, but very close. At the very least, it is markedly easier than any other option I have.

In my (limited) experience, my Guild crews have little/no problem stopping anything getting even near my D-zone. I think that's my biggest issue there. The only time I struggle in getting 2pts from Hold Out is vs Gremlin swarms, just because there are so many models.

Of the tourney and games I've played, taking Hold Out is THE easiest way, bar none, of scoring 2 VPs. I feel dumb not taking (and announcing) it if I want to win games (as in a tourney).

Maybe not an auto-score, but very close. At the very least, it is markedly easier than any other option I have.

+1

I'm thinking about removing Hold Out from the options as a house rule. I wonder why they left this easy button in book 2...

When have you successfuly prevent someone from scoring point in Hold Out and how did you do it?

When has someone prevented YOU from scoring points for Hold Out and how did they do it?

I'm honestly curious. I have not played loads of games, I'll acknowledge that. But in the games I have played, I have only once failed to score points on Hold Out. It was vs Gremlins and a piggy grew wings and flew into my D-zone, then next turn rooted to lose insignificant (which was the last turn of the game). I wasn't able to get a marshall in range in time (everything was shooting up gremlins mid-board).

I have only once stopped someone from scoring on Hold Out and it was in the very same game. I was able to run Justice into his D-zone by the last turn, when I realized I wouldn't likely reach the pig.

I've successfully cut down/shot up Nephilim with Lilith and speedy/tunneling beasts with Marcus and defended Hold Out. Maybe it's just because Guild has so many guns? Whatever the case, my experience has been that even if they REALLY want to get in my D-zone, it's very hard for them to do without me simply killing the model before they get there.

The reason gremlins can do it easier is sheer numbers. I find I can't generate enough attacks to stop them all. So swarming seems the best way to get something in (but swarming type lists tend to also be full of soft models, so killing those that do make it in is easier).

I would love to know some tricks for denying Hold Out though.