How many models do you pick for a game?

poulpox

I know this is a rather vague question, so let's define it a little more: tourney conditions, you have to pick one crew for the whole event, for 30ss.

In my building attempts I seem to arrive with 4 minions + master as I don't really use 3ss models (option 2 in my examples)

So if you had to pick which option would you go for?

Option 1:

. 3x 3ss

. 1x 10ss

. 1x 8-10ss

Option 2:

. 2x 5ss

. 1x 10ss

. 1x 8-10ss

Option 3:

. 3x 5ss

. 1x 8ss

. 1x 6ss

Option 4:

. 2x 5ss

. 3x 3ss

. 1x 8-10ss

So what's your take?

T.

I don't play neverborn but I'd assume it depends on your master. Pandora obviously has to take some 3ss models (woe's) as well as some straight up beatsticks in case she gets caught with her pants down.

Lilith doesn't care much, you could take a few big hitters and let them eat face, although Tots are great for 3ss - I hate the little buggers. Plus the ability to "grow" them makes them a great choice in smaller games.

Zoriada - no idea what she works well with, so can't comment. Although most games I've played gainst her are basically the box set which seems to work pretty well (beat me twice anyway)

I know what you mean though, I'm always a bit nervous about taking crews with so few models, especially if you're playing the hated "Recconoiter" Strategy (although not so much a problem for us Ressers :D).

Well, speaking as a Pandora player, I wouldn't say that taking multiple 3ss units (sorrows) is really that necessary. I had a lot of success in a 30ss tournament with a four model list consisting of Jack Daw, the Doppleganger, and one of the Hanged. Model count wise, I don't think there are really any set guidelines, taking a handful of powerful models seems to work just as well as taking a horde of weaker ones.

Ramos tends to need a lot, and I mean a LOT of spiders.

Rasputina works with any amount of models, either a few big hitters, a swarm of small guys, or anything in between.

Leveticus is variable. He has some "anchor" models he almost always uses (Necropunks and Rusty Alyce, mainly.), but otherwise it's whatever he wants. a few big guys like Killjoy and the DE, or a lot of small stuff, or a mix is fine with him.