Resurrectionists [Alternate minis only]

Anatoli

Hi new to the forum but been playing Malifaux for about 2 weeks and it has quickly become one of my favourite small scale skirmish games (I also play "SoTR:1949", "Legends of the old West" and "This Very Ground"). A friend , Divrg, pulled me into Malifaux.

Really excited about the news of the terrain packs, especially the indoor environments such as sewers and the big house.

As a university student with poor economy quickly realized I wouldn't be able to afford more than a few minis if I went for the original and very cool Wyrd models. So I decided to go with West Winds "Vampire Wars" miniatures and picked models from various ranges there. All are rather small 25-28mm so I'll have to stick to things of the same scale.

The good thing for me however is that I get lots of cheap and rather OK looking models, enabling me to collect a large Resurrectionist crew and keep things within my budget.

Some are converted with plastic GW WHFB weapons, some have greenstuffed details etc. I also ordered a pretty cool Frankensteins monster mini that will serve as a Flesh Golem.

I may collect other factions in the future, but at the moment I really like the Resurrectionists (completely different playstyle from what I usually play in different games) so they will be my main focus for now.

And some pics of what I've painted so far:

Masters

P7160001.jpg

P7160003.jpg

P6280015.jpg

P6280014.jpg

P7160008.jpg

P7160009.jpg

Unique characters

P7160004.jpg

P7160005.jpg

P6260003.jpg

P6260004.jpg

Minions

P6240009.jpg

P6240008.jpg

P6260006.jpg

P6260007.jpg

P7020010.jpg

P7020011.jpg

P7160011.jpg

P7160012.jpg

P7020004.jpg

P7020007.jpg

P6280007.jpg

Corpse counters

P7130007.jpg

Group shot

P7160014.jpg

I have lots of models unpainted from various blisters, which will boost the ranks of my Resurrectionist gang with additional minions. The only thing I've decided NOT to include is Sybelle and the Hanged.

Thanks, I've painted some more since last time, some Mindless Zombies (4 left) and converted a nun to a Bete Noire with lots of greenstuff.

But my Army Painter Matt Varnish went bananas and they ended up more shiny than matt :hmpf:

P7190007.jpg

P7190004.jpg

P7190003.jpg

Going to buy a bottle of Vallejo Matt varnish and try to fix the glossy finish somehow during the week.

Anatoli: Lovely work. Particularly like the nurse and Nicodem. Well done on some unique models - sometimes financial situations allow us to use what we have to make it work. I remember our first game of Malifaux consisted of the rulebook, some western figures and I do believe a space marine! Everyone had the same stat line and we all had a blast!

D.

Got back to painting stuff today, and painted this West Wind Frankensteins monster who will be used for both SoTR and Malifaux as a seemingly identical unit.

Flesh Construct

P7260001.jpg

P7260004.jpg

P7260003.jpg

P7260002.jpg

The hook is made out of plasticard, though about steel wire at first but it didn't look good.