Discussion of other high SS cost models

Nutcase168

So most of the LEvi crews to me seem to be similar, Alyce (no brainer) and SPA and one other big model. With the occasional belles and Kill joy build (which after running it is down right nasty.)

But he has so many other options for a second/third(him and Alyce being 1/2) big hitter that we don't talk much about IMO.

Bear in mind this is from my head and no book near-by.

So looking at the other factions we have the options of:

Peacekeeper:

-9 SS

Pros: Some one else brought him up recently, with Levi, you can make sure he doesn't get his low cards. He hits as hard as the DE, has a ranged attack and armor 2, making him a tough nut to crack. He also can move pretty quickly for a big guy and through terrain no problem. construct so he can burn out

Cons: He will eat your hand, faulty circuit could be an issue.

The Hanged/Jack Daw:

8 SS

Pros: same awesome 1/2 wounds plus 1 damage spell. Forces negative Wp flips if you charge. As a spirit taking half from a lot of things will keep him around longer than you think.

Cons: Probably better in lists built around them rather than going into a more general list. Still easy to hit. Haven't run them much yet. no corpse tokens.

Flesh Construct:

Pros: hard to wound, solid damage and cheaper than others at 7 SS.construct so he can burn out.

Con: He's better when you keep bringing him back IMO rather that a one shot deal with Levi.

Hooded Rider:

8SS

Pros: Reasonable price, high movement, can protect himself from ranged. Hits fairly hard and can make it painful to attack him. construct so he can burn out.

Cons: Unless you give him hard to wound he goes down fairly quickly due to lower defense.

He used to be the engine of the SPA train until the errata.

Teddy:

9SS

Pros: Regenerates, construct so he can burn out, hits pretty hard, terrifying, can fly and charge out of turn. Immune to influence. Hard to wound 2.

Cons: ???, lower defense.

Joss:

9SS

Pros: Can give himself armor, reactivate or more damage. ranged attack, decent cb.

Cons: a little easy to kill and takes tomes away from Levi.

Steampunk arachnid swarms

9SS

Pros: all terrain, self repairing, blessings gives it auto paralyze. armor 1. can split into bombs. latch on. melee master.

Cons: ???

Steamborg executioner

10SS

Pros: Armor 1, terrifying, decapitate, steam cloud for cover, higher cb with paired claws. melee expert.

Cons: more expensive, both living and construct.

I'll add more later....

Edited by Nutcase168

Ice Golem: 9ss

Pros: Armor 2, Shatter 3dmg (2" Pulse on death), Construct for burnout. With Blessings it can trigger december's sigh automatically, potentially slowing bunched up models by 2/4 wk/cg via ranged icy burst blast dmg.

Cons: Slower than other options, Ht 3 can be a disadvantage, Df is laughable

The Hanged/Jack Daw:

8 SS

Pros: same awesome 1/2 wounds plus 1 damage spell. Forces negative Wp flips if you charge. As a spirit taking half from a lot of things will keep him around longer than you think.

Cons: Probably better in lists built around them rather than going into a more general list. Still easy to hit. Haven't run them much yet.

Cons: Don't drop useful tokens when they die.

Teddy:

9SS

Pros: Regenerates, construct so he can burn out, hits pretty hard, terrifying, can fly and charge out of turn. Immune to influence.

Cons: ???, low defense.

Pros: Cuddly

Cons: Looks like Weird Sketch

Ran teddy for the first time last night. Sadly it was against Pandora so I had to suicide him rather than face my own teddy (opponent brought 1 too) be obeyed.

But regen 2 and hard to wound 2 made it tough to kill the other one in combat. Levi had no problem turning it into a SPA.

I want to run him again and see how he does against some one else. Regeneration is interesting if you can get him to bur out and then go first the next turn he's back at 3 wounds.