Gremlin Village in Progress

U.S. Male

Yea, the technique I chose for my bases worked great, the water didn't seem too clear or clean. But when taken to a much bigger size it lost some of it's swampiness. I can't really think of a good way to muck it up at this point, but still keep it similar to the little base stuff I've done.

throw up some pics of the other bases your talking about or post a link to them - maybe people can make some suggestions on how to "muck it up".

Freshwater is virtually never blue. Between algae and mud and what-not, it is only ever brownish or greenish - especially in a swamp. You only see blue water in the deep ocean.

Well, I thought about the problem and decided to use a little color theory on this one. Since I already put down the resin, I figured a light yellow wash over the top would interact with the existing blue under the resin and give it a green tint, taking it one step closer to swampy. I't's drying now, but I think it helped. I'll take another picture when it's set.

For good swampy (yellowish tinge) water I use the Woodland Scenics E-Z Water. A couple of tips though; make sure to apply a layer of watered down PVA over the painted areas to counteract seperation as the E-Z Water dries. Second, makes sure you get some old pots and pans (garage sales are great for this) since this will ruin it for anything else. Lastly, watch the heat closely as it melts (if it is to hot it will seperate the paint from the under layer).

If I was starting the water over again, I definitely would try some of the suggestions, like tinting the resin rather than painting. But, you live and learn. Still it came out all right. Except the pictures had a hard time with the resin, they ended up very pixalated.

But I got through them and the rest of the buildings!

I can't decide if I want to add tall grass and reeds, or leave them simple for easy storage.

Swamp_100_2215.jpg

Swamp_100_2248.jpg

Swamp_100_2249.jpg

For the Hooch Hut, I wanted it to look like it was reinforced, so that's why I went with metal banding, door, and window. I'm not thrilled with it and may try a different painting technique, the silver is a little too close in color to the wood.

Hut_100_2228.jpg

Hut_100_2234.jpg

Hut_100_2236.jpg

Sty_100_2224.jpg

• 5 months later...