**FAN-CREATED** Malifaux Voodoo Crew Rules

TimeLapse

So after making my voodoo doll army I thought that I might though around a voodoo Doll army themed rules! Here some rules that I came up with and I wanted to get other players thoughts and ideas for it, And I’m hopping to get some players who are willing to play test the rules for me and tell me what they think!

*Disclaimer* These are in no way offical nor are they writen by anyone who works for Wyrd. these rules work with the game and may not be sold in any way without Wyrds direct permission

Now with that out of the way,

Here is my Malifaux Voodoo Crew prototype list maker, version 0.1!

groupshoot.jpg

Voodoo Doll army rules

An army that contains one non-totem Voodoo doll must then the whole army must be made of voodoo dolls, save Zotaida The Hag, who can join a Voodoo doll army as its master without being a voodoo doll herself.

What is a Voodoo doll? It’s a small doll made in the likeness of someone in life, this doll is endowed with magic and you may, with these special rules build a Voodoo doll crew with using the normal army building lists in the game. So if you make a Voodoo doll army you must follow the normal crew building rules in the game book.

Host models are the full non-voodoo models in the game, If you want to “target a host model” It must be the same as the Voodoo doll you have, so the Host to a Voodoo doll Hans is only Hans so if the voodoo doll Hans targets a host model it must target Hans since that is his only host in the game.

hans2.jpg

All voodoo dolls are copies of other models in the game and gain the below stat modifiers.

Voodoo doll Masters only

Gain +1 to there soul stone Cache they are also effected by the below stat modifiers.

All Voodoo doll models gain the following

The trait Voodoo doll

Height = one

Are Heath -1

Are Speed/Charge -1/-1

Are Defense +1

Are Soul stone cost -1 (Does not apply to master since they have no cost)

All voodoo dolls gain this Action

(all) Control the host: Discard 2 control cards to perform a (1) Action or charge controlled by you of a Host model with the same name as this voodoo doll and is within 15 inches and in line of sight. If this host dies during this action then its matching voodoo doll is sacrificed as well.

All voodoo dolls gain this ability

Linked souls: If either the host or its Voodoo doll dies while within 5 inches of each other the other is sacrificed. If either the host or its Voodoo doll takes damage while within 10 inches of each other the other takes the same amount of damage.

Voodoo linked souls example.

Voodookinkedexample.jpg

In this photo it shows to guild players playing, now the only models effected by linked souls is the Perditas and Hans models. Both Perditas are within 5 inches of each other and will die if the other is killed. Both Hans are within 10 inches of each other and will both take wounds of the other takes wounds. Both Hopkins and Francisco are unaffected by Linked souls.

Building a Voodoo crew

To make a Voodoo doll crew, First you chose a master from any of the masters in the game, you make them your voodoo doll “master name” For this example I am choosing Perdita. Next you need to make a Voodoo doll custom model, this model must be small height one, and must have enough matching characteristics so that your opponent will be able to recognize who is who in the game, you must make a model like this for ever member of your crew.

Perditacloseup.jpg

You have to build your army from the books like any other army so guild with guild and rez with rez you have to keep to the same rules, so to add to my example I will add Nino, Francisco, Santiago and Papa Loco I am also adding the 7 point model listed below as the Clean slate voodoo doll, this doll can be added to any voodoo doll list and has the stats below, this is the only model that does not get the stat modifiers listed above since it is already added to its stats.

Clean Slate Voodoo doll.

Rare 1, Voodoo doll, Soulstone cost 7, 30mm base

Wk/CG *-1/*-1, HT 1, WP*+1, CA*-1, DF*+1, WD*-1

Weopons

Same weapon(s) and stats as the linked host’s model’s weapon(s), range(s), CB(s) and damage chart(s).

Abilities

Linked souls: If either the host or its Voodoo doll dies while within 5 inches of each other the other is sacrificed. If either the host or its Voodoo doll takes damage while within 10 inches of each other the other takes the same amount of damage.

Soul Link up: Immediately after deployment chose one non-master enemy model In play that you don’t already have a matching voodoo doll for, this model is now the host model for Clean Slate Voodoo doll. It will change its name to Voodoo Doll “Target hosts name” all the * are = to the Hosts stats plus or minus any modifiers listed, the Voodoo doll also gains all the abilities, Actions, triggers and spells of there hosts. Clean skate Voodoo Doll keeps its base size even when its soul links up. If there are no models in play that the voodoo doll can link up to it is removed from play and its controllers SS cache gets up to 7SS till it reached its maximum limit.

Refocus link: If at any point the connected host dies outside of 5 inches of this model then this model must immediately link up with another non-master model, it retains any damage, effects or spells it had on it but loses all of the pervious hosts stats, weapons, Abilities, Actions Triggers and spells gaining the new host’s stats, weapons, Abilities, Actions Triggers and spells in the process. When switching a host if the Voodoo Doll should die due to a lower heath stat the new host is not effected by linked souls and will not die as a result of the clean slate Voodoo death. If there are no new models in play that the voodoo doll can link up to it is removed from play.

New Connection: After using the “Soul Link Up” or “Refocus Link” this model receives the flowing For its next Activation “this model has a -1 to all its magic, attack and damage flips” this last until the end of that activation.

Actions

(all) Control the host: Discard 2 control cards to perform a (1) Action or charge controlled by you of a Host model with the same name as this voodoo doll that is within 20 inches and in line of sight. If host dies during this action then the voodoo doll is sacrificed as well.

(0) Self inflected wounds: You may discard up to six cards, this model takes the same amount of damage and you draw up to half the amount of cards (round down) from the top of your deck.

Building Voodoo doll models

First thing first grab the book or the real model or its card and study its look and abilities, try to make your model have the same look just smaller in about 14-15mm size range here is an example,

Papa.jpg

Next make sure that you have the right base for the job just because there small does not mean they use small bases in fact they use the same size as there host model save the clean slate model in and I will go into that latter. I like to think that there magic makes them able to do most stuff there big counterparts can do.

Next think about what makes the character that character? I liked to theme my bases to give more of a hint to who I’m mimicking. Like above for papa loco I put my voodoo doll on a pile of dynamite!

The voodoo dolls I used are modified dolls made for the confataition games mid-nor race and a mix of a lot of green stuff and some flames of war bits and hands.

Ex.jpg

After your done you can paint them up and play with them as proxies or in this format if your opponent agrees.

For the clean slate Voodoo model, just make a non-descript voodoo model on a 30mm base, and there you have it!

Thanks for looking and for your ideas on how to fix/improve these rules.

-Andrew Haught