Mallifaux in NYC

HPSoundwave

So far i know of maybe 2players in the great state of NY. Both of them in my neck of the woods NYC. Now I am wondering if there are any others out there. Mainly because I am coming from GW and as you all know their community is super cracked out. While other games like Privateer Press, Alkemy and Mallifaux not so much. Basically I am looking to do more then just paint minis that look so sweet.

So I am basically looking for New Yorker's in the City area that play. If youare out there just hit up this here thread or PM me.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone else north of NYC, or in northern Jersey? I am up by the Tappan Zee bridge and would love to find some poeple semi-local to play with. My current gaming spot is a haul and I only get there once a week, and we don't play anywhere near enough Malifaux.

For Jersey, if you are on Facebook, go to NJ Gamer - it's a facebook group for gamers to reaach out and find more gamers...

We'll be pushing Malifaux more in the next two months at some of our stores, but if you see a store you recognize, let me knwo and we can meet up a few nights.

Also, we're setting in motion plans for Malifaux at Warstore Weekend - so keep that in mind!

For NYC, Since I grew up there, I'm currently going off to school in a couple weeks so not so great timing. BUT! Check out the Complete Strategist. It's on 33rd right off of 5th ave I believe, and call them up, they have a club that plays every thursday, and last time I was there Malifaux was picking up.

• 2 years later...

Hey man whats up I am in brooklyn and there are at 3 other players here too that play often . also the complete strategist in NYC has our club night the warmonger club . we are a large club with over 50 members and have a good group that plays malifaux we go to large convention events as well and play in big tournaments as well as host them .

PM me

• 8 months later...

I'm across the river in Hoboken, so it's pretty easy for me to get into the city for a game. Just recently got into Malifaux (been collecting GW for a few years). Got a great demo from Andrew at the Complete Strategist. (He's also going to be running Malifaux events at the warstore weekend, next month in East Brunswick, NJ.http://thewarstoreweekend.com/ Check it out. He's a great guy and knows his stuff.) Anywho, I'd be down for meeting up for a game.

• 5 weeks later...

I've been over to the strategist a couple of times now. Got a great demo from Andrew last month and found a fun pickup game last week. Considering the premium on space in manhatten, I don't think it's unreasonable to charge $5. My only problem is that they only do it on Thursday nights. Come January, I won't be available on Thursdays anymore. Anyone interested in meeting up for a game on a different night or a Saturday afternoon send me a message. I'm over in Hoboken, with plenty of space, and it's real easy for me to come into the city via the path.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

There is a growing community up in Ulster County - about an hour and a half North of the City.  Its in Poughkeepsie, which is off Exit 18 on NY-87.

http://wyrd-games.net/community/topic/98498-thursday-night-malifaux-in-poughkeepsie-new-york/

That's the one myself and another henchman run up here every week, and there's another store in New Paltz that runs Saturday events, although its a smaller affair of usually 1-2 games.  We are hoping to have a tournament soon enough, and I've heard of another tournament being set up isolated from the group I already know in the area near the end of February.  I'll let you know when I find out more.

Also, "Hudson Valley Malifaux" is a facebook group if you are in the nearby area.  We do have some people that come from around the Tappen-Zee bridge area up every other week or so already, they say it takes them about 50 minutes or an hour, I believe.