Beating Lilith?

It seems at my LGS that people are having a hard time going up against Lilith. Does anyone have good stratagies against her, with any crew?

Refer to this thread I posted awhile ago. Beating Lilith

I mainly wanted to know how to beat here with Marcus, but the people who posted offered some handy, all-purpose information.

Sometimes questions are already answered so be sure to check around. :D

Shoot em inna head.

Remember Black Blood only works when they get struck in melee and only 1" and exploit that.

Don't bunch up around Lilith.

Exploit willpower.

Exploit area effects (auras, targetting blasts through your own minions) so you don't have to hit lilith's high Df.

Okay first things first, to defeat any master you have to know them inside and out. Read her abilities so that you know what she does better then your opponet. Next if you can play her list a few times, get to know what the mindset of a Lilith player is, and then you can start pinpointing her weakness and counters.

From what i played I would keep these thoughts in mind, Liliths and her flying dudes don't have to worriy about terrain at all so in fact it is only a hinderance to you, so treat it that way, stay away from cover and buildings and the like since it only limits what you can see and deal with. If there is any open part of the table go there, then you both will be on an even footing.

Next keep in mind her trasporter spell thingy. She can fly one of her guys to the top of a tower then swap them with your key fighters.

And finlaly range and space is yor freind. Any model that has okay melee and good shooting is key for your list. Spread them out so they cant spay there black blood on more then one model.

Amour is good since Lillith has no real way to deal with it, Ramos and his spiders would do good, they could even latch on to lilith and drain her defence before hitting her with a heavy melee focused model.

There are lots of things to think about when playing any master but lilith is a tough one since she and her flying fellows have one of the most powerful ablities in the game, Diving Attack and Master of malifaux. And its almost like cheating when there is alot of terrain on the table since it will only effect one player and not the other.

But add hunters and snipers in your list, and rememver that lilith cant fly so if she in in rough terrain she is slower unlike her flying freinds.

I hope this helps,

Andrew Haught

From what i played I would keep these thoughts in mind, Liliths and her flying dudes don't have to worriy about terrain at all so in

---

Amour is good since Lillith has no real way to deal with it,

Post-errata Lilith still ignores severe terrain, but she can't charge through buildings anymore.

---

Black Blood is excellent vs armoured opponents and flay is as good as ignoring most armour. Lillith herself can generate so much damage it's nearly irrelevant.

Dont underestimate debuffs. Most debuffs revolve around will power. Slow and paralyze can be devastating to her. Many crews have access to the debuffs, even a - flip on attack or defense can hurt her. and if you can get her to flee thats golden ( as has been said before)

Also you dont have to kill her (even if you have assassinate) just occupy her. first round spread out she probably wont get to you, and her team may split up. next turn if you cant hinder her properly try and debuff her. Throw something at her to occupy her and hope you can last the rest of the turns.

The nice thing about malifaux is there is almost always a way ( unlike alot of other games i played) you just have to get kinda creative.