Aldyhide's Painting Adventure.

Aldyhide

I finally got started painting old Zbags.

Getting the pictures taken was probably the most irritating experience I've ever had, likely because my camera isn't that high quality, so some of the details are a bit blurred. These two are my best front and back shots of the cougar.

P1010795.jpg

P1010799.jpg

As you can see my approach to her painting was a bit...different. SO much green. O_O

Her hair is what really bugs me about this model, you just don't see it. So if any of you painting sages have any advice or tips that wold help, please; operators are standing by.

By the way, her feet are brown not because she has hooves, or highly fashionable Neverborn heels. She actually has wooden legs...and iron teeth. She also lives in a house that walks on chicken legs that has no doors.

She's not finished yet, so all feedback is appreciated.

I'll be keeping you people posted, as I still need to take some shots of my finished Bad Juju; and of course upload them too. Then onto the Silurids.

post-3914-13911920739891_thumb.jpg

post-3914-13911920740147_thumb.jpg

Edited by Aldyhide

So, I got an account on photo-bucket today. They're... helpful.

Here's the first of my four shots o' the big ol' muck monster. These ones are a bit more detailed than my shots of Zora, but not much.

Once again, feedback and other assorted critique is appreciated.

P1010806.jpg

This one's a bird-eye view, so you can see what I did with his crystal backne.

P1010808.jpg

I decided on yellow cause I really didn't want to use another earth tone on him. (anything between red and green)

Next up is a shot of him from behind. I'm thinking of snipping of that sprig coming out of his leg, its just irritating to me.

P1010809.jpg

And lastly for a close up of his dolly.

P1010807.jpg

Edited by Aldyhide
Making addendums.

Well its looking good so far, The colors are the same value so they tend to blend and you lose detal. So the bigest thing i would think about doing is varing the color levels and posably think about some contrasting colors (Be careful with this because it can go south quick.)

Basing will help make your models stand out a bit more, try to do colors that arnt the same as the model to provied some contrast.

Other then that I like you stuff its comming out well and I cant wait to see the army in full!

I hope this helps,

Andrew

Well its looking good so far, The colors are the same value so they tend to blend and you lose detal. So the bigest thing i would think about doing is varing the color levels and posably think about some contrasting colors (Be careful with this because it can go south quick.)

Basing will help make your models stand out a bit more, try to do colors that arnt the same as the model to provied some contrast.

Other then that I like you stuff its coming out well and I cant wait to see the army in full!

I hope this helps,

Andrew

It does help actually. Thank you for the feedback.

I used that in my painting of Bete Noire (I have a Resser army as well.) It looks much better than my first paint job on it. My one mistake was forgetting to use the same hue on the high lights. (I had this awesome red-brown that looked like dried blood) But, Bete Chocolat looks nice too, oh and there's some spots on her that need to be painted over. I didn't actually spot them until now ^^;

P1010871.jpg

P1010873.jpg

Ok, I have my Silurids done as well. These were fiinished before Bete by the way. Oh, and I named them all too; their names are: Harold, Bertrand and Winnifred; because even frog people that lie in a swamp are allowed to have dignified names.

Ok, picture time!

Bertrand:

P1010881.jpg

P1010883.jpg

I did a lot of coats on ol' Bert' here, and he started to look really glossy; as if he were made of plastic. So I decided to do a dark brown-green wash to try and dull it down a bit, and I think it worked.

Harold:

Harold was painted by Raspy-playing friend, but its part of my army so I decided to go and upload him anyway.

P1010879.jpg

P1010880.jpg

Winnifred:

I think she came out looking the best of the three. I decided to go with p!nk stripes to go with the light green that her skin/flesh came out as.

P1010876.jpg

P1010878.jpg

In other news, I recently found the one, single spot in my entire house that actually has decent lighting. :D