Smartphone?

EricJ

I've got a Blackberry Curve. I've been happy with it. I use it mostly for work, and I do a little bit of web browsing with it.

My buddy had a Blackberry, then with his new job they provided an iPhone. His opinion of them were:

Blackberry - great keyboard/numberpad. Very solid for communication/email/browsing. Very reliable phone.

iPhone - touch screen keyboard sucks compared to Blackberry's regular keypad. Surfing the web has more options on iPhone...and more games.

I also remember reading some reviews about some of smart phones in the last few months. What was said about the iPhone: The best 'miniature computer' of the lot, but the worst actual 'phone'.

One of my biggest complaints about the iPhone is that you have to hack it to get it to do what it should already be able to do. If you're not that technically inclined, it will never live up to it's full potential. Also, with all the talk about how many apps there are, I've browsed the list, and many of them are just copies of others with a different name.

I have an iPhone and I love it. I do not care for it in stock trim, but once jail broken it becomes a whole new phone. I do hate the way apple tries to control the apps used and limit the way the phone can be set up as far as how the screens appear and programs appear. Luckily after the jail break you can control all of that and also install apps that the app store dis approves of. The iPhone is not for everyone, but works quite well for me.