(0)Eat your fill and Shatter

pinkcarson

Ok, this came up in a game I play tonight. My opponent was using Killjoy and had only 1 wound remaining. He charges into my Ice Gamin which has "Shatter 2" and deals enough damage to kill it. What order do the effects happen?

• Does Killjoy heal to full from "(0)Eat your fill" and then take 2 damage from shatter?
  • Or does Shatter deal him 2 damage before "(0)Eat your fill" can be activated?

I believe the latter would happen as "(0)Eat your fill" is a zero action that would require the model to be alive.

Shatter is an effect from the gamin being killed this would resolve first as eat your fill is a (0) action which means that the attack MUST be resolved first before the (0) action can be used

Oops, realized Shatter wasn't a trigger... but Shatter is still resolved first, as Goblyn said.

Edited by Angus Khan

That brings up an interesting question. If a model has a death trigger like Shatter or Papa Loco's explosion effect, would there really be anything left for 'Eat your fill'? Not necessarily talking about from a pure RAW perspective, but more from a spirit of the game angle.

Also, sort of unrelated but does 'Eat your fill' apply to constructs? RAW points to the fact that it does, but it seems like 'Eat your Fill' would only apply to living or undead models. I mean how is a model going to eat it's fill of a construct or a spirit?

That brings up an interesting question. If a model has a death trigger like Shatter or Papa Loco's explosion effect, would there really be anything left for 'Eat your fill'? Not necessarily talking about from a pure RAW perspective, but more from a spirit of the game angle.

There's nothing in the rules that state that they wouldn't leave appropriate counters. As it is now, they leave enough tasty gibbets to munch on by the models that have Eat Your Fill.

Also, sort of unrelated but does 'Eat your fill' apply to constructs? RAW points to the fact that it does, but it seems like 'Eat your Fill' would only apply to living or undead models. I mean how is a model going to eat it's fill of a construct or a spirit?

In the case of a Construct, think billy goat.

And for Spirits, I tend to think of them as kinda like cotton candy. They look big, but no real substance to them. Eat enough of it and it'll fill you up though. ;)