When the new cards are printed.

Amarel

Is there any chance that abilities relating to hiring crews and the like can either be left off, or at least segregated from the regularly checked in-game rules?

I think Viktoria is the most confused on this count as half of her card seems to be taken up with pre-game rules and regs smothering her actual in-game abilities :).

Where would you put the Viktoria information, if not on the card? Some people actually never buy a rulebook but still learn to play.....

I've assumed rulebook purchase, so was thinking that neither the "For Money" nor "Weapon Selection" rules would need to be on the card. If they had to be on there, I'd really like to have pre-game / set-up rules separated from the in-game rules (even if they just appear first in their own alphabetical order). Having them mixed in amongst "Body Count" and "Fates Entwined" just seems a little weird.

Simpler and cheaper to say than to do.

Exactly, hence me just wishing some of it gone from the card or, at least, filtered differently (Of course, I realise that the issue might only apply to me, while the solution would affect everyone, but just in case I'm not alone... ;)).

To clarify the issue, as it pertains to the Viks, for those who don't have the cards (the problem can't really be seen in the rulebook); Almost all of the left hand side of each Vik card is a large block of text within which there are eight rules. Of those eight rules, five of them are games rules while three are 'set-up' rules (my definition, not Wyrds). However, the three 'set-up' rules take up 12 of the 20 lines text which means (for me) that I often actually forget rules such as 'Body Count' due to them being lost amongst rules that I never need to reference in game.

I should caveat all this with the fact that I'm well aware that the issue might just apply to me, and that I really should assign important and applicable rules to my memory better but if '"Sisters"', 'For Money' and 'Weapon Selection' were all at the top of the list and the other rules were below them (separated by a line) things would look neater (to me).

Anyway, I just thought I'd mention it :).

I disagree

if more merc masters For Money, then iwouuld have agreed

But with Weapon Selection, it is inport to how they work(and unique to them)

Just to address this point quickly. It really isn't an important rule to have on the cards - I have two cards (with different Viks on them and different rules pertaining to that particular Vik) and two models (each of them the same model as one of the cards).

I really don't need both of these cards to then have a rule inside it saying that I must select one Vik and that that Vik's Masamune gains Paired weapon but that she loses her Clockwork Pistol. And that the models I use must accurately reflect this.

It's important for this to be in the rule book as there's only one entry for Viktoria, but not to be on each card which already details the changes on a per card basis.

Anyway (again), I go on too much. Apologies.

Edited by Amarel

Just to address this point quickly. It really isn't an important rule to have on the cards - I have two cards (with different Viks on them and different rules pertaining to that particular Vik) and two models (each of them the same model as one of the cards).

I really don't need both of these cards to then have a rule inside it saying that I must select one Vik and that that Vik's Masamune gains Paired weapon but that she loses her Clockwork Pistol. And that the models I use must accurately reflect this.

It's important for this to be in the rule book as there's only one entry for Viktoria, but not to be on each card which already details the changes on a per card basis.

Anyway (again), I go on too much. Apologies.

Unless they were changed dramaticly int the errata, i still she no real reason to remake her card, it's fine the way it is

Unless they were changed dramaticly int the errata, i still she no real reason to remake her card, it's fine the way it is

It was just a little suggestion, as it's been mentioned that the cards are going to be re-printed sooner rather than later and many of them will require some updates.

Still, if you, as a non-Viktoria player, see no issue with the Viktoria card then there can't be one there, eh?

It was just a little suggestion, as it's been mentioned that the cards are going to be re-printed sooner rather than later and many of them will require some updates.

Still, if you, as a non-Viktoria player, see no issue with the Viktoria card then there can't be one there, eh?

I play Lilith with a side order of the Viktora twins in 50ss games, although that doesn't happen often ( i can use the twins in a 35ss list, as well as Sonia cridd and Seamus)

Edited by Sliver Chocobo