Great paper terrian buildings !!

Lordfishbane

This site has already been mentioned in a few threads, however, you are right. They are great as a base for buildings. I usually print them out and attach them to foamcore so they are a bit more durable. You can do some really great things with them if you add a couple of model rail road accesories.

I was looking at those for another game. I ended up not getting them for 2 reasons. One, the Wild West look wasn't what I was looking for terrain wise for that game. The other was because the free sample building seemed a little small scale wise. They say it's suppose to be for a 30mm setting. I don't know maybe I was just being picky, but it seemed to be to small. Looking back though, I think they would fit in perfect for a Malifaux setting.

Guest Stagecoach

I thought they were small too. Looking at buildings from that era at Knott's Berry Farm or Calico Ghost town, the actual buildings were constructed small for heating purposes.

I thought they were small too. Looking at buildings from that era at Knott's Berry Farm or Calico Ghost town, the actual buildings were constructed small for heating purposes.

I LOVED those places as a kid!

It seems that most of the buildings now have been moved to Knott's as the company gave the Calico property to the state.

The paper stuff can ALL be scaled with the a little know how and the right software. Some is far easier than other of course.

Most actual scale terrain will look small when compared to a fully based mini (especially the doors). The base is like adding another 6" of height to the mini and about a foot and a half to the width. Also remember the Whitewash city models are scalable so if you want them a bit bigger just scale the cut outs up a bit.

• 4 weeks later...

The thing about the Whitewash City designs is that they are drawn as vector graphics, they can be scaled up or down at will without adding line thicknesses or pixellation as all the lines are stored as algorithms not arrangements of pixels. This is also the biggest issue with them, as they cannot have photo textures applied.

That means that the finished building looks like a half done white box with no texture at all.

I felt a bit sick when I saw the free sample and considered that the rest of the buildings you have to pay for.

The best use of these is to actually use them as patterns to cut out and make wood or plastic buildings.

You don't need a colour printer for that.

I cannot recommend the Fat Dragon buildings either; I shall be waiting until Worldworks' Deadfall comes out. (well we think it's going to be a Western set...)

I rather like the idea of using them as templates for foamcore buildings (it is much easier to get the scale right then trying to eyeball it). After the basic frame is up it is just a matter of adding a few bits and pieces from the model train shop (testured polystyrene is the greatest thing ever).