some issues with Ramos...(and yeah the guy's awesome!)

Starscream

Hello

i had my first game of Malifaux yesterday with a friend. I went with Pandora and my friend went with Ramos.

Ramos faction is awesome! My friend didnt even use 50% of their abilities, but the ones he used caused havoc among my faction, despite losing in the end. and yeah, we both enjoyed the Executioner (well, i didnt like it very much but...) but the swarms/spiders are what really shines in this faction IMHO.

And Ramos itself is a blast! yeah, he has 2 DEF but Armour 2, Counterspell and Pneumatic grip (sometimes) make this guy really hard to kill! plus, with all the summoning he can make, he's never alone....and when all else fails, there's always electric fire to fry stuff

oh sorry...the issues:)

- when you use Salvage under fire, you just create a scrap counter out of nothing right?

- Does "Perfect Machine" nullifies Pandora's ability to nullifies Constructs ability (immune to WP duels)?

- example: suppose i have 3 spiders and the last one performs a Swarm together, leaving an AP left. When they swarm, can i use that AP left? and can i use that +2 that cames from Melee master? How does that work? I guess it should be the same principle for scatter....

thanks!

Yeah, Ramos is one of my favorite masters for all the reasons you just mentioned. :D

To answer your questions:

1. Yes, Salvage Under Fire gets Ramos 1 scrap counter.

2. Perfect Machine doesn't have any influence over Pandora's ability. Perfect Machine does allow Ramos to ignore Sonnia's Shatter trigger, and other abilities which specifically trigger constructs.

3. After swarming, any of the spiders involved lose any unspent AP's since they were all removed from play. However, since the Swarm was summoned, it may activate that same turn it appeared. (although it will have slow) The nice thing about Melee Master, then, is that it grants additional AP for melee attacks. So, after three spiders swarm together, the Swarm would have one generic AP, and then 2 melee specific AP.

EDIT: As pointed out by Fool, the new errata changes this. Per the new wording of "replace" the swarms/spiders now continue with their activation, using any remaining AP.

Hope this helps! :D

Edited by Angus Khan

that is BRUTAL!!! you have the chance to strike 9 times with only 3 of them (if things go well)

Not quite, because one spider would have to use 1 AP to "Swarm" with the others. Still, Spiders are some of the more versatile models in the game.

One other question...at 25 points and with the stuff in the box, do you start with Ramos, Executioner 1 swarm and 1 spider or 4 spiders instead of 1 swarm and 1 spider?

You get six spiders in the Ramos Box, so most people take a swarm and two individual spiders, leaving one for Ramos to construct later. What I prefer doing, however, is to start with all individual spiders and then swarm as needed. But that's just how I play. (I also keep Ramos pretty far back and construct a spider almost every turn... Usually the enemy has a pretty hard time killing them all by turn four or so... :D )

Starting Arachnids split and throwing up Arcing Screen for Df 7 can be brilliant against low Cb crews like Somer.

One great trick most people don't figure out first with Ramos:

Linked In's Companion is inherited by summoned Arachnids...

Like Angus mentioned, but in reverse:

You can make your Melee Master attacks, (0) Self Repair, spend your first AP, use your last to split and then in the same activation:

1. Pull (0) Latch On and make three attacks with the Arachnids.

2. Explode all three Arachnids for a guaranteed 6 unavoidable damage in a 2" radius.

Note you need to be at full Wounds to ensure you don't kill your own spiders.

In one round you can activate the Brass Arachnid, Ramos, a Swarm or Arachnid and then the Swarm/Arachnid it splits or merges into.

There is a real depth to Ramos, you'll really enjoy him.

3. After swarming, any of the spiders involved lose any unspent AP's since they were all removed from play. However, since the Swarm was summoned, it may activate that same turn it appeared. (although it will have slow) The nice thing about Melee Master, then, is that it grants additional AP for melee attacks. So, after three spiders swarm together, the Swarm would have one generic AP, and then 2 melee specific AP.

Hope this helps! :D

Double check the eratta on this. Page 3, I think, talks about replaces and what happens with the swarms.

When i swarm/scatter, can i act right after i take that action? Or does it follow regular "i go you go" turns?

This was assuming an arachnid had been given Companion via Ramos' (0) Link In ability.

A spider with Companion from Link In gives it to any swarm he joins...who is now a separate entity with Slow and Companion and can be activated straight away - before your opponent gets his go.

Likewise, all three arachnids splitting from a Swarm which has Companion inherit Companion and so all three can activate in the same activation step.

They also inherit things like Slow, Fast, Reactivate, etc.

Using Hamlin to bring the Student of Conflict along could result in some interesting tricks, although not terribly powerful.

They are also a prime target for the Brass Arachnid to Stoke for Reactivation.