open up

Thoughttrauma

Devour's success is truly based on the faction you are playing against.

Since Devour requires it has to be a Ht 1, living model it means its almost useless against the Resurrectionist, as they have maybe 2 (both being totems) models that fit that category.

Against the guild, the only thing that you can devour is the Governor's proxy as everything else is Ht 2.

Against the neverborn is where the Snacking happens since over half of their models are both living and Ht 1 (that being Kade, Candy, the Terror Tots, and the Totems). With that being said all of those are a real pain to hit as they have a 6-7 Df. With that in mind, I find it useful to use when i've got the red joker in my hand either Kade or Candy are within range, this is especially effective if neither of them have taken any damage (and the shock factor is totally worth it)

For the Arcanists, Moleman are kinda crunchy and they don't have a high Df. But its totally ineffective against contstructs as they are not living.

And against Gremlins is sooooooooooo hilarious and worth it as neither the gremlins nor the pigs have terribly high Df. Against the others not so much.

Now with that being said that's the standard devour, if you have Hoarcats they can munch down on the Ht 2 models but you will meed to be sue to have at least 3 Hoarcat prides to ensure they can pull it off.

Edited by goblyn13

I think multiple prides would be great for Ressies since they're so hard to put down, specifically a Seamus crew. The only problem I see is that you can't companion them so you can only activate one at a time (being tricksy with Myranda aside) and you have to hope the one you move into position first can survive while your waiting to move the second one up to cast devour.

But I think the ability to bypass Hard to Wound, Hard to Kill, and Slow to Die would be great.

Sadly devour is limited to living models. So for the res that's only the masters, sebastian, the nurses and mortimer. Everything else is undead and therefore unable to be devoured.

Curses. Forgot that. I spent half a game the other night trying to get into position to do this. Never got to try it as I got slaughtered first (it was my first attempt with the crew) - guess it wouldn'tve mattered.