Adepticon

yea. gw dropped the ball last year, so its been opened up to all mini games.

pp and battlefront will have a large presence.

i went last year and played blood bowl ,it was a lot of fun.

if you arent going to play in any events, you should at least go on Saturday

also, WeirdSketch was threatening to have some Malifaux event going on, so that could sweeten the deal

maybe throw your Ressers in the paint comp?

If Malifaux stuff ends up happening I'll definitely be there. I wouldn't mind hours and hours of Malifaux since I can't really get up to Games Plus on Mondays any time soon.

What usually happens with me at Gencon is I peruse through the vendor hall, demo some games that I've never played, buy some stuff, if there's giant games going on that have mini's already on the table I might play, and then of course open gaming.

This seems to be set up significantly different than Gencon (I'm sure at least partially due to the smaller size) in that I can't tell if there's even vendors and the only presence is a few high profile games that I already know about. I might be interested in demoing Necromunda, Space Hulk, or the MKII rules for Warmachine but they have it set up so that you have to pre-register for demo games, pretty lame in my opinion.

So yeah, WeirdSketch, get on organizing some stuff for Malifaux, even if it's just open gaming.

@sc: pre reg for demos is free and i think its a good idea. it rewards you for being on the ball ensuring you wont have to queue up. you can have my mk2 slot, i probably dont need it at this point. its at 3pm on Friday

the vendors last year were superbly meh

i brought all my lunch money and only ended up buying some paint and a few armor cast bits

@sc: pre reg for demos is free and i think its a good idea. it rewards you for being on the ball ensuring you wont have to queue up. you can have my mk2 slot, i probably dont need it at this point. its at 3pm on Friday

the vendors last year were superbly meh

i brought all my lunch money and only ended up buying some paint and a few armor cast bits

For demos at cons I prefer it to be "Oh hey, I have some time to kill. This game looks kind of cool, so how do I play?" That said, I've only been to Gencon where they can devote that kind of time. I might take you up on the offer for the time slot. Does anything need to be done or can I just show up for your slot?

Anyway, any updates on this? I should probably get around to buying a badge and asking for Friday off if I'm going to go. I don't really need any official event or anything, just some semi-organized time or place where people are going to be playing Malifaux.

• 2 weeks later...
This is my first time at Adepticon. I'm coming with Warmachine and Malifaux. I'm especially looking forward to the latter. I get my Cryx fix every Wednesday, but Malifaux in Madison has fizzled a bit with the advent of Mk II Warmachine.

Sounds to me like you need a Henchman in your area...

*nudge nudge*

This is my first time at Adepticon. I'm coming with Warmachine and Malifaux. I'm especially looking forward to the latter. I get my Cryx fix every Wednesday, but Malifaux in Madison has fizzled a bit with the advent of Mk II Warmachine.

Sounds to me like you need a Henchman in your area...

*nudge nudge*

I agree!

*wink wink*

I'll be playing warmachine Friday, 40K Saturday, and was hoping to get in some Malifaux Sunday. I have a painting class till Noon Sunday, anybody want to schedule a pick up game of Malifaux after that? I'll either have Lilith or Nicodem's Crews with me or both if I can get them both done in time.

Let me know here, by PM, or send an e-mail to jpowell37@gmail.com.

-jay