Zoraida's obey=activation / twists markers

poulpox

Hi there!

If a model is poisoned through the voodoo conduit and is then forced to do an action due to obey spell, does this count as an activation and therefore makes it take the poison wounds?

Also I had my first Malifaux game ever yesterday, which I thoroughly enjoyed (used to play Confrontation a lot, and it seems this will be our new baby, excellent!), but on a practical level I felt keeping track of the -/+ twists through a turn was a little delicate, and I wanted to know if you lot use any particular markers of some sort? I had a look at Gale Force 9 but wasn't convinced there was much of interest for this particular purpose. Any idea?

Thanks for your help!

Thomas

Action is not the same thing as activation. Activation is once per turn when the owner of the model activated the model when it is his turn to activate. Actions happen as part of activation and there are some effects which allow models to do actions outside their activation (Slow to die and Obey for example). Effects that trigger during activations, like Poison, don't trigger during these actions.

However, there are some effects which grant additional activations. For example Reactivate. Poison will work as normal when a model reactivates.

-Ropetus

I find that the :+fate and :-fate modifiers are the hardest things for new players to grasp; and even now I sometimes still forget to check for them all myself (charging bonus, combat total beats Df by whatever, hard to wound model, modifier on a weapon, etc.), as sometimes there are LOT of modifiers to a damage flip!!