Malifaux tournaments

Justin

Adepticon would likely require some screwball rule like "all minis need to be on GW bases", or "only GW paint and wet blending".

If you hadn't noticed, GW is starting to slip in more ways than one. They don't run "official" tournaments anymore, instead relying on retailers and venues to run them.

And Adepticon had a bit of a falling out after last year and opened up to other games and companies this year.

Privateer Press games had a huge turnout this year. Which means that's it's high time for Wyrd to jump in on this and take away some of GW's old glory.

Slowly but surely, GW's iron grip on miniature gaming in the US is slipping and companies like Wyrd and Privateer Press are the reason. Oh, and the economy. :D

Thanks Nathan, and please don't let them put us in that tiny room again this year. You know that's not going to be enough room this year, the Malifaux gaming crowd has exploded since then.:flame:

The room was tiny, it was just being shared with the TTG people so lots of games were going on. I am sure this year they are getting something bigger for Malifaux. I am just sad I won't be there to see it(stupid home buying taking away all my fun money :( )

just wondering if anyone has tried a two list tourney?

I have infected a number of people at my LGS with malifaux and I think is it high time a organize a little tourney, but the "how" has also been a big question for me and so far this thread has be quite helpful.

The one thought I had is as stated above, to set the point value, and say "bring two lists" strats and schemes will be determined as normal, then the players will be able to pick which list they want to use.

I am tempted to add the "from the same faction" requirement to the two list point but am still on the fence over that one.