Grave Spirit Model

blkdymnd

Is it just me, or does the grave spirit model look like it totally double as a crooked man? I thought it would be when I first saw it, as it looks like a ghostly miner. Candle on his head, melded with the rock, hammer (though you could replace with a pick). Might make a good proxy when you're not using the Grave Spirit in your crew.

I don't agree. The grave spirit model is obviously a spirit(no legs?), where crooked men are just undead miners. Sure, he's got a handle on his head. Big deal.

The problem is that the lower half of his body can easily be painted up to resemble stone. The display model even looks this way, and further added to the initial confusion. It probably would have been more identifiable if the bottom half had been painted up as vapor or mist.

Edited by Pavic

The problem is that the lower half of his body can easily be painted up to resemble stone. The display model even looks this way, and further added to the initial confusion. It probably would have been more identifiable if the bottom half had been painted up as vapor or mist.

True. But even so, zombies don't have stone legs traditionally.

I'm not sure about the mist. The sculpt is pretty rockish so that might end up looking like some weird half crystal-golem. But if it was earth, some nice brown soil or black as from the deepest graves...

I too thought it was crooked man for the first look.

Either way, I love this mini.

Actually he's only 1. My issue isn't the price, it's the choice over the other totems. Copycat makes Saemus one hell of a trickster, and comes with a nice gun. 1 Shot hitting is well worth the 2 pts. Vultures are an auto include with Nico on paper, as I havn't used him (tho grave spirit connecting to Nico is hot) And then McMourning will always want to bring the little mutt to turn into a beater.

I'm a big fan of the Grave Spirit with Seamus. I can usually cast Face of Death of Live for Pain if I have a high card, and the damage/Terror is a good effect.

It usually links to Sybelle, who has Hard to Wound 1, Regen 1, and Armor 2. She takes a pounding, and returns the favor pretty well, too!