Prototype Counters

vxghost

So last night I finally put together some prototype counters. I'm curious to get people's thoughts.

Construction: The counters are just 1"x1" plastic tiles. Then I printed out the tokens and used some and used some adhesive stuff from Michaels to stick them on.

Token text: This is where I'm not sure which works better. The examples below have a variety of ideas. In the case of Incite and Defensive Stance, it's just the effect. For Falling Back, I created two types to show the steps to Falling Back. The third example of Project Emotions, I listed the actual effect on the tile.

Malifaux%20Counters.JPG

I'm sort of inclined to include effects on all the tiles where reasonable, but it might make the text too cramped. Comments appreciated!

How about putting the name of the effect on one side and the rules text on the back? That way you could drop the counter down and if someone wanted a quick reference they could flip the counter over real quick.

Seems to me like a rather simple solution that will allow you to get the effect as well as have the info.

How about putting the name of the effect on one side and the rules text on the back? That way you could drop the counter down and if someone wanted a quick reference they could flip the counter over real quick.

That's an excellent idea. I'll definitely have to create another round of prototypes now. Thanks!

Nice idea but they look a bit bare to me. Personally I like counters that don't make the table look strewn with counters, if you know what I mean. Maybe you could Malifaux them up a bit, broodier colours and more gothic text.

Yeah, I wish I could. However I'm pretty inept with all the graphics and editing tools.

To be honest, I'm hoping to just generate ideas that perhaps some of the Wyrd guys will find useful in creating some awesome official counters. ;)