Using Earthquake

Black_Mamba

I am another newbie to Malifaux - it's a great game. I've got a quick tactical question for the pros. I'm looking at Lilith and I wanted to ask how people were using Earthquake. As I understand it, since it is a pulse spell it affects all of her enemies and allies in range and they all move in relation to Lilith in the same direction. This allows Lilith to move the enemies closer to her (to set up an attack), but it also moves her allies away from supporting positions.

Anyway, do you have any suggestions on how I might use this spell, either to save my bacon or to inflict some pain on my opponent's crew?

Thanks!

Black_Mamba

Well to save your bacon with Earthquake- you just push all models away from her first then you can move (walk) 2x away from them- thus giving a nice 12" between Lilith and other models- of course you can also Earthquake, Alluring, then Walk 6" away for extra protection. OR Earthquake away from you, Illusionary Forest, then Alluring, or walk- depending how many Nephilim are left alive.

Inflicting pain can be various ways with Earthquake (and situational on how you do it). First and foremost on Lilith's activation activate Brood Mother to get an extra hand from a fellow Neverborn. If you feel lucky one way for pain is this:

Brood Mother, Earthquake away (or towards if you plan ahead), Transposition one enemy for 1 friendly, then use Alluring. Next is your Companion's turn to walk and attack or charge in- making the Companion the beating stick.

Of course you can also: Brood Mother, Earthquake towards you, Alluring, then Strike if they are close enough, or walk away from the enemy, giving room for you to strike next turn, then use your companion to charge in fro damage.

As said before, its all situational- but there is a lot to do for our combat master Lilith.

Alluring is based off of Lilith, but Earthquake can target something 12" away and is a 3" pulse effect from the target. So you can pull stuff towards you (into charge range of something) or move things out of a terrain feature

Earthquake is a Pulse effect centered on Lilith and that pulse extends 12" from her. Alluring is a 3" Aura that's centered on Lilith also. I think you are mixing Aluring & Earthquake togethier somehow and making it a ranged spell out of it. :wacko:

Earthquake is a Pulse effect centered on Lilith and that pulse extends 12" from her. Alluring is a 3" Aura that's centered on Lilith also. I think you are mixing Aluring & Earthquake togethier somehow and making it a ranged spell out of it. :wacko:

Read it one more time. I was confused. It is indeed a 12" pulse around Lilith, your explanation is the correct one.