Terrain Sets

jmp_mydog

Hello, I've been busy building terrain sets for the various encounter locations in the book and am almost finished with them. They're turning our pretty cool, and in the process of making them I began thinking that other people might find them useful.

So what I was wondering is what would you pay for a terrain set that's easily transportable, durable and most importantly looks good. Since Malifaux is best played on a 3' x 3' board it seems that terrain pieces that take up 5" or less would be ideal.

What do you guys think. Oh BTW here's a link to some of the stuff I've been working on.

• 2 weeks later...

For a set I would probably pay between $60-100 for a set depending on what it would include.

A set would need:

3x3 peice of felt (green, tan, or gray depending on the set)

Enough terrain to meet the recommended 2/sq ft. Terrain being a mix of Area Terrain and Terrain Elements (3 T.E. = 1 A.T.)

So approximately 15-18 peices.

So I could see paying $60 for a set that included the following:

Tan Felt, 6 Card-stock western buildings, 6 CDs of tall grass, 3CDs of Foam Hills, 3 Fences approximately 6" long each, 3 rocks on 50mm bases, 3 dead trees on 50mm bases.

So I could see paying $80 for a set that included the following

Green Felt, 12 Trees on 50mm bases, 4 CDs of rough terrain, 3 ruined walls approximately 6" long, 4 CD Foam Hills, 4 Sheds.

or

Green Felt, 12 Dead Trees on 50mm bases, 4 CDs with graves on them, 6 short walls approximately 6" long, 3 short hedges 6" long, 4 sheds, 2 CD foam hills.

So I could see paying $100 for a set that included the following

Grey Felt, 4 Victorian Style one or two-story buildings, 4 Steampunk Style one or two-story buildings, 4 CDs of rubble and scrap, 6 short walls approximately 6" long, 2 CD Foam Hills, 1 centerpeice (a well or a fountainor a statue) on a 50mm base.

So those would be my ideas and prices I could see paying for them.

Well when I get the terrain I bought we can take a look at it and tell me what you think! I was happy to pay someone else to do water effect terrain, I think you've seen my terrain but it was more scaled for 40k/warmachine!

Ryan

For a set I would probably pay between $60-100 for a set depending on what it would include.

A set would need:

Enough terrain to meet the recommended 2/sq ft. Terrain being a mix of Area Terrain and Terrain Elements (3 T.E. = 1 A.T.)

So approximately 15-18 peices.

So I could see paying $60 for a set that included the following:

Tan Felt, 6 Card-stock western buildings, 6 CDs of tall grass, 3CDs of Foam Hills, 3 Fences approximately 6" long each, 3 rocks on 50mm bases, 3 dead trees on 50mm bases.

So I could see paying $80 for a set that included the following

Green Felt, 12 Trees on 50mm bases, 4 CDs of rough terrain, 3 ruined walls approximately 6" long, 4 CD Foam Hills, 4 Sheds.

or

Green Felt, 12 Dead Trees on 50mm bases, 4 CDs with graves on them, 6 short walls approximately 6" long, 3 short hedges 6" long, 4 sheds, 2 CD foam hills.

So I could see paying $100 for a set that included the following

Grey Felt, 4 Victorian Style one or two-story buildings, 4 Steampunk Style one or two-story buildings, 4 CDs of rubble and scrap, 6 short walls approximately 6" long, 2 CD Foam Hills, 1 centerpeice (a well or a fountainor a statue) on a 50mm base.

It's interesting to see how varied people's opinions of the value of terrain sets are.

Well I know I can be way off on the cost of doing stuff so if and when you do make terrain, I would say put it up on ebay and that would be the best way to gauge price of what people are willing to pay. Of course, please pm when you do. I saw Wombats stuff today and was very impressed.

Greyseer

After seeing the terrain that was built for Wombat I how it fits on a 3x3 table I would have to revise pretty much everything I said earlier.

So now I quote and edit with updated opinions.

For a set I would probably pay between $80-100 for a set depending on what it would include.

A set would need:

While the book suggests having enough terrain to meet the recommended 2/sq ft. Terrain being a mix of Area Terrain and Terrain Elements (3 T.E. = 1 A.T.) with a piece of terrain being 3"x3" After playing on such a table I think the best is to have 1-2 per square foot so more along the lines of 12 pieces of terrain

So I could see paying $80 for a set that included the following:

Tan Felt, 4 Card-stock western buildings, 3 CDs of tall grass, 2 CDs of Foam Hills, 1 Fences approximately 6" long each, 3 rocks on 50mm bases, 3 dead trees on 50mm bases.

So I could also see paying $80 for a set that included the following

Green Felt, 9 Trees on 50mm bases, 3 CDs of rough terrain, 3 ruined walls approximately 6" long, 2 CD Foam Hills.

or

Green Felt, 9 Dead Trees on 50mm bases, 3 CDs with graves on them, 3 short walls approximately 6" long, 3 short hedges 6" long, 4 sheds, 2 CD foam hills.

So I could see paying $120+ for a set that included the following

Grey Felt, 2 Victorian Style one or two-story buildings, 2 Steampunk Style one or two-story buildings, 3 CDs of rubble and scrap, 6 short walls approximately 6" long, 2 CD Foam Hills, 1 centerpeice (a well or a fountainor a statue) on a 50mm base.

But as stated earlier, I think the best method would be to put them up on ebay and if you include some transport for the items include that as well in the price.