Seamus vs Pandora

hannibal

So Kealios and I played last night, him taking Pandora and me proxying for Seamus. Kealios had: Pandora, Poltergeist, Doppleganger, Baby Kade, 2 Terror Tots, a Sorrow, and Teddy. I had: Seamus, Sybelle, 3 Belles, 2 Punk Zombies, and a Convict Gunslinger.

We both drew the slaughter strategy. I took Army of the Dead and Bodyguard as my schemes (announcing both) while Kealios took Bodyguard and Kidnap (announcing). So in other words, the two crews were going to go straight at each other and this was going to be an 8 to 0 VP for somebody.

I'll save you the blow-by-blow because the game essentially became a giant scrum in the center. The Belles used chain lures (like six of them plus two of sybelle's) to pull enemy models out of cohesion. The highlights include:

--the Convict Gunslinger, suffering under Dementia, rapid firing on Teddy as a throw away action. . . and killing him. He kept getting masks, setting off Trigger Happy. Even with negative 3 flips, when you hit six times, that's a dead teddy. Literally, the 3rd shot from Rapid Fire was wasted because he got all six hits with his first two attacks.

--The Convict Gunslinger putting Baby Kade down to 1 wound, but failing to kill him. Kade then followed up with Backstab and putting down the Convict.

--Chain Lures bringing Pandora into the circle of pain: Seamus charged in, foolishly attacking Pandora and not the sorrow. So the hit went on the sorrow. But the next turn, Seamus goes first and prepares the alpha strike . . . and then kills Pandora himself.

--Chain lures bringing a terror tot and doppleganger into the open where they could be killed by Seamus or the punk zombies.

By the end of turn 4, the only thing left on the board for Pandora was baby Kade (with 1 wound left) while Seamus had only lost 1 punk zombie. Yeah . . . 8 to 0 VPs.

Definate MVPs of the game goes to the belles. Their Lure and Distract are just freaking awesome. You need some follow-up thumping to go with it, which the punk zombies did quite well.

But the Gunslinger is no slouch either. I can see why he's Rare 1.

On the Pandora side, I have to say that the doppleganger is just a mandatory buy for Neverborn. Not so much for the mimic, but the Ill Omens. I mean it basically ensures you of going first when you need to.

I think kealios had a good list, nice balance of Pandora's trickery plus some heavy hitting with teddy and potentially the terror tots. It's just . . . well, what can you do when a guy gets 6 hits from 2 attacks?:AR15firin