Sign in to follow this  
nebiros

Malifaux in Northern Virginia

I will try to make it out, but I only found out about it yesterday.

I have a few pieces of terrain, but unfortunately it's meant for Warmachine, which has much more forgiving cover rules. In the games that I've played so far, I find that you need some tall, LOS blocking terrain or the Guild will walk all over you.

I'm pumped. I'll bring some terrain.

My name is Aaron, by the by. I look forward to meeting whoever shows...

Well, it sounds like we've got two decent sized groups going on. I'm hoping that at some point in the near future, we might be able to merge the two and have one large group. That being said, I'd like to throw out the idea of starting a league for Malifaux. I think there might be enough of us around and I think it would be a great thing to encourage game play. So, what does everyone think?

Well, it sounds like we've got two decent sized groups going on. I'm hoping that at some point in the near future, we might be able to merge the two and have one large group. That being said, I'd like to throw out the idea of starting a league for Malifaux. I think there might be enough of us around and I think it would be a great thing to encourage game play. So, what does everyone think?

I'd be in. I'm just getting started, but one of my friends looped me in -- and now I've dragged 4 people from my 40k group in. It looks like there are a whole host of people in this area. I think it'd be cool to get another way to organize around here rather than this one thread -- I'd be up for paying for something like Meetup to help organize NoVA Malifaux.

In any case, in for a league.

Besides gaming stores, I'm inside the beltway in Falls Church, have space for two games in my basement and terrain, and a number of people that I normally play with are in the exact same situation.

I was working on a map based campaign for Malifaux for a while, I haven't done any work on it in a while, but It is close to finished, its currently a good 15-16 page campaign guide.

Hi NoVA (and greater DC) players. I started a meetup group for Malifaux. Feel free to join.

http://www.meetup.com/Malifaux/

I figure it will be a nice way to help us organize games (beyond continuous posting in one thread), do a league if we want, and also a campaign. It's a great way to tie together the different groups and try to keep things going.

I've absorbed the cost, but it would be great if you joined! Maybe we can use it to arrange some games this week.

We've got a few people going this Tuesday, if anyone else wants to come out. I'm also willing to host people on Wednesday, if you're interested join the meetup for more info.

See people soon.

Great to meet some new people this past Saturday. We ended up with five people showing up and had a pretty good time all around. Looking forward to our next games.

That was a heck of a turn out. Good meeting those of you I hadn't already met!

Is there some way we can grab some of those Iron Fist tables? Honestly, Saturday's game was a lot more comfortable because we had more space.

In any event, nice to meet you all. It'd be great if you joined the meetup! Helps us keep track of players in the area and organize things in a different way!

http://www.meetup.com/malifaux/

I won't be able to make it out this week (Lost is on!), but hopefully I should be able to start coming out more frequently starting next week.

I won't be able to make it out this week (Lost is on!), but hopefully I should be able to start coming out more frequently starting next week.

Also, what kind of excuse is this? There are no Neverborn on that island.

Hey folks, how much interest is there in the area of doing a tournament? I'd be happy to put it together and run one for everybody if we can meet a minimum mass of people. PM me or respond here. Thanks :)