Hockey? anyone?

EricJ

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And like the Wings, the Hawks let the championship team slip away. . . .

Come on Thursday!

(and then Friday).

A sharks sweater for Tourney play would be wrong Eric, especially pink, (You can save the Ta-ta's without resorting to gimmicks), We still need T-shirts for gosh sakes and a sweater, a good one, costs more than a boxed set or even several boxed sets!

Yes, all REAL HOCKEY fans know the apparel as sweaters.

Hey fellow hockey fans! I've been a rabid Sabres fan for the past 36- 37 years or so (since I was 3 or 4). There was a time up here in Canada ( Southern Ontario) when the Sabres were televised almost like a home team with 2 or 3 games a week on TV. Of course that was 20 years ago or so, now I only see them play a couple times a year.

I'm not going to say that this is the Sabres year to take it all. Each year I keep hoping but they never pull through. I'll settle for a decent playoff run though :)

I am with you sir. only I have only been a fan from about 92 on. I was 11 when i started to follow hockey and the sabres were my team from there.

Tampa Bay looking good.......

Carolina not so good....

What kinda models you good at paintin'? lol!!

anything with lots of skin, especially if it's a cute chick.

I guess I should have paid attention to the Gagne pickup. Very good for TB.

• 2 weeks later...

The Penguins season so far:

The good:

Balanced scoring

The bad:

Malkin's scoring

The ugly:

Fluery's goaltending

Oh, and doing this well without Jordan Staal. Get him back, fix Fluery's head, and pencil them in to return the Stanley Cup to its rightful location- the bottom of Mario Lemieux's pool.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, it only took months, but I'm finally starting to have warm fuzzy feelings about my Sharks again. Although they climbed to the #4 spot in the west and only 1 point from the lead in the west, they are also still only 4 points ahead of the #9 team...talk about a tight year!

• 2 weeks later...

A little slow to jump on the thread. Huge flames fan here, followed closely by the kings.

I was quite sad I didn't get tickets to the heritage classic (used to live in Calgary, now up the road in Edmonton). Still heard it was a great game from my friends.

@ManiacMac I have to agree it seems versus is always going pro pittsburgh from the games I have seen, although I don't usually catch too many games on versus being in the states, often it's pittsburgh vs washington or some other high profile game of the like (sometimes chicago on the wgn feed). But I kind of laugh at the commentary at some times. I hope there are some decent commentators on the us networks

Anyways I'll quit rambling. Just leave on this note. It's great to see a year with so much fight in so many teams, the race in the West is a close one, and I hope it'll continue this way till the end.

Scott, I hear that the main announcer Mike Emrick is a Red Wings fan, but you wouldn't know it by the way he worships at the Cindy Crysby alter. Between him and the little troll McGuire, they could start the "we love Cindy" club. . . if they haven't already.

What I cannot understand is VS shows footage from the Wings Penguins cup, and ignore Chicago! I realize it is due to the fact Cindy is scoring a goal on Ozzie , but that is past history.

Of course I am a Wings fan but I woudl put the local guys Ken Kal and Mickey Redmond up against ANY one. Mickey has no problem pointing out any break down the Wings commit, and the man knows the game.

Pierre McGuire also does some TSN feeds. Everyone up here can not seem to stand him. I know people that mute the tv when he's doing a game. Personally I think his comments are so far fetched they are almost humorous. A saucer pass will be 3 feet in the air at the intended player and he'll call it a perfect pass. All I can do is laugh. I'm sorry you guys have him more than we do (Okay, not really but I can act like it!).

There are a lot of Canadian commentators that are quite blatant homers for Vancouver, which sucks when they are your least favorite team!

I am kind of surprised with all the hockey love on these boards. Such a great sport!

Pat Foley and Eddie Olczyk are the best in the business. John Wiedeman and Troy Murray are dope too. And I'm pretty sure Pierre McGuire is a joke no matter what country you live in. I'm waiting for the day Mike Milbury loses it and beats him with a shoe. It's interesting to see so much of Liam McHugh lately.

Funny you mentioned Milbury, that guy has tons of anger problems. I actually had a friend that knew him since he played a lot of hockey with his daughter growing up. Apparently he's the definition of crazy hockey parent, but I mean looking back on things, He did climb into the stands took a guys shoe from off his foot and started hitting him with it!

So any idea who's going to playing in the cup final this year? Usually I try to peg a few teams about now to see who it will be. If i were to venture to guess it'd probably be Philly, and then the winner of the pacific division (which looks like currently San Jose/Phoenix). What are your guys thoughts?