Hockey? anyone?

EricJ

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to attend a game of Ice Hockey in Canada... apparently some of these games save lives and ruin others... /pumped!
Best seats are behind the net, upper deck front row. Great view of the playing surface and you see the goals at the same time as the goal judge. On or behind the goal line is good, and I avoid center ice unless the tix are free, then the price is right and I throw my normal standards out the window.

Best seats are behind the net, upper deck front row. Great view of the playing surface and you see the goals at the same time as the goal judge. On or behind the goal line is good, and I avoid center ice unless the tix are free, then the price is right and I throw my normal standards out the window.

EVERY Canadian I studied with says the same... even my Chiro is Canadian and we try not to mention anything related around her unless we want an hour long speech/lecture on the topic...

Here is the thing... If you have watched hockey on TV ( from around center ice camera view), you miss everything along the near boards and do lose some of the action during line changes... believe it or not, a beautiful sight when viewed from behind the goal. It is the little things that make primo seats worthwhile.

My Seats (well, my friends season tix, which are the seats I tend to use), are on the blue line of the Sharks O-zone for period 1/3, front row of the upper deck, opposite the benches. Pretty much the exact place I'd want honestly. I admit you miss some action along the boards, but honestly there is no way to avoid that no matter where you sit. But the front of the upper deck is clearly better in my opinion than anything lower level. You lose some of the energy...but you can actually see the game.

That and from those seats you can actually hear Drews flavor announcing (the announcers sit about 15 feet away), so I can still hear the riveting random criticisms he throws out randomly!

But did I mention, it's HOCKEY time!! :party:

That one is easy, the San Jose Sharks...

In fact, if you support the Sharks, I'll officially declare that you're allowed to take +1SS in every game of Malifaux you play - officially! Just point people who don't believe you to this thread...If you're wearing a Sharks Jersey for the game, the bonus is tripled! :D

In fact, if you support the Sharks, I'll officially declare that you're allowed to take +1SS in every game of Malifaux you play - officially! Just point people who don't believe you to this thread...If you're wearing a Sharks Jersey for the game, the bonus is tripled! :D

Great, now everyone one of my tournaments will have people wearing Sharks Jerseys. :)

Have I mentioned how it would be really cool(if totally unthematic) if the official Henchman uniform was a Malifaux Hockey Jersey. Sure it doesn't fit the game but it would be really sweet and different.

That one is easy, the San Jose Sharks...

Can we buy the Sharks' jersey through the Malifaux store?

Great, now everyone one of my tournaments will have people wearing Sharks Jerseys. :)

Have I mentioned how it would be really cool(if totally unthematic) if the official Henchman uniform was a Malifaux Hockey Jersey. Sure it doesn't fit the game but it would be really sweet and different.

DUDE! That would be amazing! Eric, can Henchmen's official shirt please be a Hockey Jersey? *begs*

That one is easy, the SJ Sharks...

In fact, if you support the Sharks, I'll officially declare that you're allowed to take +1SS in every game of Malifaux you play - officially! Just point people who don't believe you to this thread...If you're wearing the Special Edition Pink Sharks Jersey for the game, the bonus is tripled! :D

Fixed... and thank you very much indeed.

Eric Edit - Don't think I can't edit this too :D

Edited by EricJ

Hey fellow hockey fans! I've been a rabid Sabres fan for the past 36- 37 years or so (since I was 3 or 4). There was a time up here in Canada ( Southern Ontario) when the Sabres were televised almost like a home team with 2 or 3 games a week on TV. Of course that was 20 years ago or so, now I only see them play a couple times a year.

I'm not going to say that this is the Sabres year to take it all. Each year I keep hoping but they never pull through. I'll settle for a decent playoff run though :)