Hockey? anyone?

EricJ

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been watching replays from the playoffs on NHL network recently. A couple of the Pens games were CBC Hockey Night in Canada broadcasts, and I noticed that the sound was really screwy. If the crowd wasn't going full-blast, then the "ambient" sound as well as the announcer sound was non-existent. Then something big (Goal, hit) would happen, and the sound seemed to jump a couple hundred notches. Is this a CBC thing that is ongoing?

• 2 weeks later...

Figured it was time for a topical question:

Who is, in your opinion, the best player whose name is not engraved on the Stanley Cup?

ATM, I am leaning towards Daniel Alfreddson (Senators). His abilities and skills are first-rate, as is his determination (how many years did he play on Senators teams that hovered at the 30-win mark?)

Just throwing it out there. Football season's coming up, and you know what that means...

• 2 weeks later...
Sadly, I agree with you. The fans want to see the guys from '98 on the ice but don't like losing in 2010.

And Modano may have 2 years left, but for what? To play the third line?

What? I was (and am) a Red Wings fan since the days in Olympia and the "production line".

We do not want to see the team from 98 on the ice, that is silly. They were awesome but this is 2010 and time moves on. Who likes to lose? No one.

Modano took the Wings offer of third line and special team time for the chance to wear the Winged Wheel something 99 said he wanted to do but somehow never wanted it bad enough to do what the Wings are noted for, taking a pay cut for the team. . .or going to third line.

By the way, a Red Wings Third Line is pretty darn close to some teams first line.

Go Wings

Being from Vancouver, I'm really excited about the changes made around the Canucks this year, they were close but not quite good enough to beat the Hawks last year and I thought the Hawks were the only team that could beat the Canucks last year.

This year should be interesting!

I have a bet with a guy from work. we had to pick a team that didnt make the play offs last year and who ever picks the team that finishes highest gets $5 bucks!!

lol not a bunch of cash on this one but its a good way to make me watch a team i otherwise wouldnt care about.

I picked the Lightening and he took the ducks.

i am pretty sure i am going to lose $5 but it will be a fun season.

Anyone want to take a friendly with me on this?

I have a bet with a guy from work. we had to pick a team that didnt make the play offs last year and who ever picks the team that finishes highest gets $5 bucks!!

lol not a bunch of cash on this one but its a good way to make me watch a team i otherwise wouldnt care about.

I picked the Lightening and he took the ducks.

i am pretty sure i am going to lose $5 but it will be a fun season.

Anyone want to take a friendly with me on this?

OK, so pick a team that missed the playoffs last year, then if that team does better than your team that missed the playoffs, I win. I'm down for that action.

On a sad note, Jordan Staal is out for 5-6 weeks.

Staal originally suffered a lacerated tendon in his foot in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference semifinals against Montreal. The tendon was repaired by off-season surgery.

I thought that the injury hampered him when he did come back; that hampered the team overall. He's a top-notch penalty killer and a pest towards opponents overall. Oh well, I'd rather have him healthy for the playoffs than Oct.

Blue Jackets fan here!

I love sports. Period.

Football, basketball, hockey, baseball, soccer, rugby, etc, etc. :D

Are you from Columbus? if so we need to meet up for drinks and brew. my buddies and I come to columbus for home games lots and lots. (my home town so i like to make my way back there often.)

and @ ddot..... Who you pickin? I will pick the wild against you.... Now i get to follow 4 teams lol. buff columb tampa bay and minn.

and @ ddot..... Who you pickin? I will pick the wild against you.... Now i get to follow 4 teams lol. buff columb tampa bay and minn.

I

ll take the Hurricanes against the Wild.

Although it would be a bit more interesting if you took the Lightning on this, as they are in the same division. I'll leave it to you if you want to change for final.

I

ll take the Hurricanes against the Wild.

Although it would be a bit more interesting if you took the Lightning on this, as they are in the same division. I'll leave it to you if you want to change for final.

Oh that's totally with me man.

So as I have it right now I have a friendly with ddot and the line is "I have Lightning and he has the wild".

If you want i think it would be a good wager to say that the loser has to paint a model for the winner!! but if you wanna keep it friendly I am totally cool with that also.

I can't believe we are talking Hockey while there are gibbering nightmares from the dawn of time and psychotic teddy bears around here.

As long as you don't get all George RR Martin and start blogging about sports and attempting to eat yourself to death with lemon tarts while not putting out product, Eric, its okay.

If it were in my power though, I'd ban you from Hockey until the Mechanical Doves are out, tokens are cool, but .... Mechanical Doves are awesome :)

I'll throw money at you, promise.

Oh that's totally with me man.

So as I have it right now I have a friendly with ddot and the line is "I have Lightning and he has the *wild".

If you want i think it would be a good wager to say that the loser has to paint a model for the winner!! but if you wanna keep it friendly I am totally cool with that also.

Just to keep things friendly, winner buys the model for the loser to paint... sound fair. We can work out furthur particulars from there.

*PS, I picked the Hurricanes.

I can't believe we are talking Hockey while there are gibbering nightmares from the dawn of time and psychotic teddy bears around here.

If it were in my power though, I'd ban you from Hockey until the Mechanical Doves are out, tokens are cool, but .... Mechanical Doves are awesome smile.gif

I'll throw money at you, promise.

Just wait til October. And please dont' threaten the makers. Edited by ddot

Just to keep things friendly, winner buys the model for the loser to paint... sound fair. We can work out furthur particulars from there.

*PS, I picked the Hurricanes.Just wait til October. And please dont' threaten the makers.

Yea I totaly agree that the winner has to buy the model.

and i had just gotten done moving when i typed up that line. knew you had the canes I dont know why I put the wild. (they were just in my head i guess)