Leviticus list and strat (30 soul stones)

orius

Ok so i posted some rules clarification and got the answers so now here comes my list on how i plan to run Leveticus!

Leveticus (duh!)

Bete Noire

Hanged Man

Hooded Rider

2x Steam Punk Abominations

or

Leveticus

Bete Noire

Hooded Rider

4x Steam Punk Abominations

Strategies:

First off I like it since it can stand up to ranged lists with the hooded rider going night and the aboms can use anomoly which the rider pulls them to there target.

The hooded rider pulls the steam punk aboms wether there are 2 or 4.

If I use 4 and they all survive then desolation engine comes out! and then Bete Noir appears as well since they are undead and were sacced.

If theres two they bide there time...

It doesnt stop Bete though since I can also have the waif cast a spell to sac to pull out bette, or kill Leveticus so he brings out Bete.

The best thing is I have an unlimited supply of recyclable units the bette can pop out of if she dies (as long as Leveticus is around).

Ok so i posted some rules clarification and got the answers so now here comes my list on how i plan to run Leveticus!

Leveticus (duh!)

Bete Noire

Hanged Man

Hooded Rider

2x Steam Punk Abominations

or

Leveticus

Bete Noire

Hooded Rider

4x Steam Punk Abominations

Strategies:

First off I like it since it can stand up to ranged lists with the hooded rider going night and the aboms can use anomoly which the rider pulls them to there target.

The hooded rider pulls the steam punk aboms wether there are 2 or 4.

If I use 4 and they all survive then desolation engine comes out! and then Bete Noir appears as well since they are undead and were sacced.

If theres two they bide there time...

It doesnt stop Bete though since I can also have the waif cast a spell to sac to pull out bette, or kill Leveticus so he brings out Bete.

The best thing is I have an unlimited supply of recyclable units the bette can pop out of if she dies (as long as Leveticus is around).

Nice army list. It's quite good against shooting armies but just as a warning there are a number of melee armies that will be able to deal with it. Things with leaping units, or Liliths army list can attack is due to it's fragility. (Nothing sucks like linking all those abominations in and having lilith come over and greatsword attack all of them. It's very nasty. Or sonnia criid throwing fireballs at him since it's not a ranged attack. Non ranged attack spells are also the bane of this list.). You're spending 12SS on subpar models (Abominations exist for summoning, not for fighting) which can really hurt you if the bomb doesn't work, especially with the whole alternating activation thing as the hooded rider pulls the abominations and either gets charged, or is not close enough to bomb with the desolation engine on the turn it appears.

Not saying it's a bad list, I quite like it. Just saying you gotta be careful with it as there are some armies that have the tools to deal with it. I personally play Leveticus with lots of solid units (Punk zombies for example) or with lots of very elite units so I can use his card draw mechanic to bully duel.

He's got a lot of variety and he's a lot of fun to play. Just throwing out some potential issues you may want to look into.

the aboms at 4 are for tow when needed to get them forward if I know he is coming to me they can start out as a desolation engine from turn 1.

As for the hooded rider pulling them it is always situational. But just for giggles here are some outcomes.

Hooded rider pulls them all forward. He gets one activation and needs to kill at least one abom. If he doesnt my next activation is the aboms combining to make the desolation engine.

I like the desolation engine because once he gets going he is hard to stop since he continually heals himself when he does dmg or can eat aboms for heal flips.

However i was already leaning towards going with only two aboms leaving me 8 soul stones to buy something else.

I was looking at the hanged man or rusty alyce. What do you think? Or some other way to go?

I'm just saying a lot of armies can deal with the tow and you have to be careful. Summoning the deolation early can cause problems though because he's open to shooting unless you use the action in which case he's rather slow and he takes a lot of damage before hitting the target. I'm always back and forth on taking v summon the desolation engine. Usually I won't though and leave him in the summon only category.

On the hanged note, love him but not with Levi. I prefer to use him with WP test causing masters as they can combine their efforts (Love him with Saemus. Trail of fear makes him fantastic). With Levi I'm a big fan of damage damage damage.. and some attrtion.

The hooded riders always a good call

Punk zombies and crooked men are great

Joss is a suprisingly fun option

Teddy's also very cute.

The Peacekeeper is also really fun to use. I love that guy.

Rusty Alice is also a good option, I'm a big fan. She lends some ranged support but she's also great at defending Levi and the card draw she gives is fantastic. She's worth it just for that.

Honestly there is a lot of flexibility with Levi and you can create some very cool lists. These are just my personal preferences. Play around and see what works for you...

The only thing I am 100% sold on is Bete Noire.

Everything else I am trying to work out. A bit of background for my armies. I always always make take all comers lists. I like to make one list that I can play against everything, so I want to be able to deal with any potential threats.

I think Leveticus would be good with a ranged centric army as well...hmm. The crooked men are very good in this role, heck they are very good overall especially only costing 4 pts, they seem more like 5,6pters to me.

necro punk zombies look cool as well since they are rediciliously fast with leap, however I keep leaning towards aboms for my cheappies since the potential to bring out a desolation engine is very nice indeed. I also prefer scrap counters over corpse since you can only make one additional hollow waif then corpse counters are worthless since you never need to make more than 1 hollow waif.

What would work good for a range centric army...

crooked men, and rusty alyce, any other good options?

i would never take the desolation engine as a starting choice personally, 4 aboms are better under most circumstances reason being he takes to much damage himself and is easily wittled down while 4 aboms are 4 diffrent targets which you can tow close with a super fast construct such as necropunks or the hooded rider.

Rusty however I love and will probably add her. I used her last night with Ramos and her extra cards, spells, and bad azz gun were so worth it at 10 pts for 8 with Leveticus its a steal!

I keep coming back to this list for a good mix of brutal direct damage, decent melee, and decent shooting, with a host of other goodies in the mix (healing denial, WP screwing with, corpse tokens for waifs, template access, etc)

30 SS:

Leve + Waif

Alyce

Punk Zombie x 2

Hanged

Crooked Man

Focuses heavily on direct damage, particularly utilizing some combination of Leve's Unnatural Wasting + Whispers from beyond (which will take an 8 wound model to 1 wound remaining, and can't be healed), or Wasting / Unmaking + Self-Mutilate(s).

Punks provide some decent melee, crooked provides some decent shooting along with alyce and the hanged, leve, punks, and the hanged do direct damage.

Ive played 4 times with my Levi list and lost once now, all games were real close though.

The one I lost was due to a super small board and not realizing I coud hide/move no where to be outside Liliths range...that lady can move bloody fast.

It was a Lilith 10x terror tots list, very nasty!

Ive played 4 times with my Levi list and lost once now, all games were real close though.

The one I lost was due to a super small board and not realizing I coud hide/move no where to be outside Liliths range...that lady can move bloody fast.

It was a Lilith 10x terror tots list, very nasty!

Yah - saying lilith is a pain in the ass is like saying the sky is blue! :D

Seriously though, she's my number one concern with Leve - If she hasn't activated yet, you need to be ridiculously careful how much you go consuming leve with his various spells, as transposition makes it sickeningly easy for her crew to nix the waif, and then concentrate on killing Leve.

well i never end turn 1 without my second waif, I could have one but i made a tactical error in killing levi with lilith in base to base which let her charge one of the waifs.

it then took one young neph and 2 tots to down the other and that was all she wrote.

I just had no idea she could move through buildings so far then she transposed a crooked man next to Levi putting her in melee with him for next turn.

With her four soul stones levi couldnt hit her hard enough to kill her and all my melee was entangled with the tots.

anyways I am thinking about changing my list to include killjoy, bad juju or the peacekeeper for a big centralized hitter.

Edited by orius

well i never end turn 1 without my second waif, I could have one but i made a tactical error in killing levi with lilith in base to base which let her charge one of the waifs.

it then took one young neph and 2 tots to down the other and that was all she wrote.

I just had no idea she could move through buildings so far then she transposed a crooked man next to Levi putting her in melee with him for next turn.

With her four soul stones levi couldnt hit her hard enough to kill her and all my melee was entangled with the tots.

anyways I am thinking about changing my list to include killjoy, bad juju or the peacekeeper for a big centralized hitter.

Killjoy worries me with leveticus. He is awesome, but i hate the idea of having to toss cards away just to keep my opponent from sodomizing me with my own model - particularly with leve.

Leve's card discard protection mechanism will not protect him from Killjoy's effect (it's not enemy, and it's not targeting him, so no go), and even with alyce, your card replenishment is going to be at a minimum until you recycle leveticus. I don't want killjoy to pre-ordain my order of activations with leveticus, particularly because he is so order of activations reliant.

Then again, that could just be my own paranoia. Give it a go, and post the results. :)

JuJu is a tempting option. I keep finding myself drawn more to hordes of mid-sized minions that like doing direct damage.

One problem i see in my list above is lack of soul stones. Brain farted that Leve has a cache of 0. So i may opt out of the crooked man and either put in a SPA + 1 soulstone, or a canine + 1 soulstone, or simply sit on the cache of 4. Still - that would only leave me with leve + 4 minions. Definitely going to have to give it a try and see how it goes.

Early on i may also do what i can to scramble up some SPA's with Alyce and Leve to give myself some body count advantage (and possibly get a D. Engine going if things go well).

haight,

the big thing I find hard balancing in levi lists is making sure I have scrap counter minions over corpse counter since he can use corpse counters to make all of one thing and he only needs to do it once, but scrap counters on the board are more steam punks he and Rusty can make.

I like to use Leveticus to kill to make steam punks and if rusty does not have a mega juicy target and I have the cards I will have her convert dead steam punk scraps into new ones.

Killjoys card problem worries me not at all. With Rusty out I generally can have 10+ card easy with Leveticus gaining another card almost everytime he casts a spell.

Presently I am always finding it worth it to take 1 big hitter, and big hitter isnt just big damage but the ability to hit. and then fill although rusty takes 8 pts I think of her as support with nice range, I am not entirely sold on her yet. She has always been worth her slot but i am not quite sure yet if its worth 8pts...

Big hitter choices I like in order

1. Bete Noire - Paired weapons, fast, hard to kill virtually unkillable actually but her clincher is she has tons of utility. This is compounded with Leveticus who gives her that second crow for: rot, slit jugular, and blessing of desolation guarateeing her your choice of awesome trigger!

2.(tie) Killjoy - He hurts alot of dudes, has a 7 combat, is very hard to wound and can heal himself

2. (tie) Teddy- 7 combat, 1 action charge, good terror, good range defense and drops corpse counters, whats not to love?

3. Peacekeeper - Not as damaging as the two above, as accurate, or as resilient however he has a free move (potentially) and he drops scrap counters over corpse counters.

4. Steam Borg - Paired with good defense against ranged that helps others and drops scrap counters, he is kind of linear and I personally am not a fan of the model.

5. Joss - Paired, good defense, with an interesting utility that seems cool but is quite often useless; the damage is one hit, the armor goes away at closing phase, and the reactivvate is nice but the fact it hurts him and he already is hurting for hp as a 9pt model.....sucks. He would be much higher on my list if you didnt need to activate him so damn early to take any advantage with armor. If it could carry over till his next turn maybe...

6. Bad Juju - I like him, land slide is glorious! but he is to expensive drops no counters and requires soul stones to revive which I never have.

I haven't really read this thread yet, but I just ordered my Leveticus list this evening. I ordered:

Leveticus

Rusty Alyce

Steamborg Executioner

Necropunks

Which Works out to 27 SS. I think the Necropunks will be awesome with Levi. The already have CB with Croows, and with Levis' Blessing of Desolation, they get that second Crow suit, so they can trigger Rot or Desolation Warping. Unless they can use both Triggers, as I can't remember right now if it's all Triggers or one. Either way, I think they'll be a really good fit with Leveticus.

The Steamborg Executioner doesn't seem to have the synergy, but he's there because of the similar look to the Necropunks.

I'm planning on doing the following:

Levi

Alyce

3 Necropunks

1 Bette Noir.

For a total of 29 points.

It's the ability to get Desolate Warping on basically the entire force that really makes this build shine. That and the NPs are quite fast and surprisingly durable.

The Bette is aces with Levi and Alyce just makes the card advantage flow so much better.

I like your list, TBK, seems absolutely killer... Bete + blessings of desolation is going to equal a lot of steampunk aboms... :D

Well that and the NPs. If they swarm something and the last to strike has Blessings it can be more Aboms.

It is true that the list has no native scrap tokens but with the ability to get blessing spammed all over (Remember that the Waifs can cast it too!) I expect to have blessings on two NPs and possibly the Bette if she is about as well.

Then, if I am pumping out Aboms the focus will probably shift to killing those blighters over the actual forces in teh list. 4 together and the DE comes to play. I am planning on having it sitting on the sidelines as a not so subtle reminder of what will happen if 4 Aboms wind up in BtB. :D Keep that psychological game running too!

On my very first game with Leveticus i leanred the sheer power of taunting them with a running count of aboms so they knew when the desolation engine was coming up, they make for very good target aquisition leaving other units the ability to kill more guys and moake even more aboms!

you can read my report in the batrep forum.

aw heck here is a link:

http://wyrd-games.net/showthread.php?t=7842