Iowa Representative

Johnny Sick

Hi all,

I've been admiring the Wyrd mini's for a while now and I'm excited to see that there is a character based game that goes with it. I like the concept.

So I'd like to pick up the rule book, but it seems to be sold out all over. So in the meantime I'll ask a question of those that may have it already. If one would be so inclined as to get a couple box sets and the rules book, what would be the box sets to get? And how is the art in the rule book?

Glad to see a new game with truly unique models come out. We'll have to see how the card thing works out. Does all the factions have unique decks or is there just one generic set? Does it involve shuffling? Man, I need to score a book.

I apologize for the rant.

Edited by Johnny Sick
forgot to put in some of the words

I'm over in Des Moines. The gaming scene is pretty good around here. Of course mostly for GW stuff. I play Warmachine, but I'm liking the looks of this so maybe I can get some interest going. The box sets are fairly inexpensive so getting a couple sets up and going to demo with, not only to see if others like it but if I do to, should be fun.

Iowa a great place to be, it's a little windy, but that's just because Minnesota blows.

Rivalry on.

As for crews, You can't go wrong with a well balanced crew like Sonnia's Witch Hunters. Ranged, Melee, and Magic. And GUILD!!!!!! Now, for an opposing box, you could go with the Viktorias box (again, nicely balanced, a bit less on the magic), Zoraida (who needs ranged when you've got "Bad Juju and the Catfish Men?"), or the oh-so-awesome Seamus and his undead ladies of ill-repute.

The art in the book? Well, it's just as gorgeous as the cards. Seriously, Privateer had the best looking books in the industry for a while, but Wyrd has blown them out of the water with this one. And on top of the pretty pictures and the rules (which are paced really well, and bring you through the mechanics and right into setting up a game), there's a rich and creamy layer of fluff swirled throughout. The best part about the book before the second printing: WEiRD sKeTCH isn't mentioned. The wosrt part: I got skipped too. (nah, WS is the man!)