Sequel to '35ss'...

snakeking

So we played at 35ss tonight. I dont write up a great report so i will just keep in in the home section.

I played vs Guild for the first time facing Perdita and her family plus an executioner.

I ran the McM starter plus 4 necropunks.

It was a good experience and we had a great game.

I was so paranoid about getting shot up that I rushed the punks all forward on one flank and took McM, construct, and a nurse around the other. That was my fatal flaw. the punks died fairly quick and i was not there to pick up corpse tokens with McM. Sebastien was there but i left him in the open to get gunned down.

The opposite flank went better for a bit as i took the executioner down with the construct and came around to eventually face Perdita. Perdita probably should have died quicker, but didnt :) I was able to get Rancid Transplant on her (++) which did allow the construct to finish her off.

After that the shootin' family that was left (sebastien did kill off convict gunslinger before dying) came around they finished off the last nurse and McM. That left the construct to deal with 3 of them. He killed one.

Last turn the guild was able to disengage with an ability and shoot me up. I had the red joker and should have used to to defend but didnt and died. Had i done that i may have taken at least one more ortega if not both (imo), i had a massive hand of 10+ crows.

Alas Wulfen played a strong game and we had a great time playing at 35ss!

Necropunks were pretty cool. I didnt realize how valuable cover was (yeah, that sounds retarded) until i had one in it. The - flip and no cheat is handy.

I had thought about taking punk zombies instead... not sure it would have mattered, the companion ability really allows for some fire to be put out and anything that could soak up fire would have died :)

Unless you are Ramos. The you just die. :D Ramos does not like going toe to toe with folks. That's what the minions are for. :D

Decent write up for not having good notes. It seems that splitting up too much tends to get you in trouble. The NPs are a good troop but they really aren't all that resilient. They are fast and are aces if you can get them into HtH so that enemy models start slow. They do a decent job of being speedbumps though. (That's how Leveticus is going to use them in my lists)

Splitting up was exactly it. Broke my own golden rule of keeping McM near things that will die.

The punks were planned to be speedbumps all along, i did get one leap off. They served their purpose as bumps though. had I moved up the middle behind them I could probably have gotten into HtH with the family, but not having faced their shooting i didnt know how much i would have to take.... quite a bit :)

A bit more tactful hiding and maybe a turn of summoning could go a long way.

great time though, was an up and down game.

once again i cant wait for the next game!

Necropunks make prety good speedbumps, especially in pairs. Leap makes them useful for engaging annoying troops like Hans so they can disrupt your army.

Punk zomies are great shock troops. cb 7 + Paired is fantastic and really is the Res answer to high def troops. They do have the problem of being shot a lot, but hey, everythings gotta have a weakness...

Crooked men are always a good option v shooting list as they're tough as nails for their ss cost, doubly so against ranged armies. I must admit I'm a big fan.

Lastly, the nurses. I'd never take more than one personally. They're quite good but I find 1 does the job. A rotten belle might be an idea. Lure really makes up for the lack of ranged potential in the Res list, doubly so with Mcmourning who loves getting close to the enemy. Lure + Scalpel Slinging + Fast gives Mcmourning a lot of threat range and he can still attack a lot if he moves thanks to Magic with the scalpel.

Just my two cents.

very good points. I definitely see myself losing one of the nurses if not both if i dont figure them out a little better. they seem very situational right now. zombie punks are likely going to see the table next game. I have not used crooked men and probably wont until they get a sculpt, but they do sound awesome!

Wow Pen, it got awful quiet in here. :P

Yeah snake, it was a great game, maybe next time we should get some pics in between rounds and do a proper battle report!

I think what saved the game for me was using that Soulstone to bypass the Black Joker, or Perdita would have been down real quick, and Doc and Construct would not have been even nicked up.