Sonnia Criid... What is she holding in her right hand?

Pensfan

getting the water effects to photo from the right angle to see that they are translucent flames might be tricky. I'll see about some photos soon, though. actually, i think there might be a blurry on in the shots from the Gen Con tournament if you hunt for it. won't really show much, but it's an auburn-haired Sonnia with a bright red coat.

thin plasticard for the cards. split the fingers apart. insetr cards slightly spread to show that there are 2 cards. paint cards completely. tint water effects with just a touch of yellow ink (literally, just put a toothpick in the ink, then mix up just what soaked into the toothpick into the water effects). add to the top of the cards and tease with toothpick into flame shape. when dry, add another layer with a bit more orange in it. when that is dry, drybrush a little bit of a darker orange on the top, as fire tends to get a bit more "opaque" as it gets further from the source.

a tip for getting water effects to dry to clear faster: turn your oven on around 225, and sit the model on the stove. the radiant heat from the oven will help that stuff cure much faster. With amounts as small as you'll use for the flames, you can have it get to the clear stage in 30 mins or less. Don't forget that your oven is on, though. ;)

I was originally keeping the cigarette, but it snapped off. So, rather than trying to find where the heck it had gone off to, I just stole St. Anger's idea of giving her cards. I just bumped it up a notch. Luckily, I get to game with him, so he wasn't salty about me following his lead there.