UK Players

John Paul

i live in stanley (co. durham). me and my bro both play. we can both drive as well as own cars, so travelling in the local area isnt such a problem.

i cant speak for my bro but i wouldnt mind meeting other people who are into miniatures gaming and getting a few games in. I do work awkward shifts at work, but if anyone fancies a game some time just send me a pm.

Check out the Durham Wargames Group (link in my sig).

Thursday is club night but members get 24/7 access to the clubhouse.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's building up momentum here in London.

Dark Sphere games (by Waterloo station) are starting to carry the line. They have the rulebook and plenty of starter boxes, and are happy to order stuff in.

Also Talishko (Ish) is doing a great job of spreading the word at the Cross Gaming Club which meets every Tuesday by London Bridge. He has organised an intro night this coming week so hopefully we'll get some new recruits from that. Anyone in the area with an interest should come down!

Thanks for the pimp, mate! ;)

That's right, slowly but solidly building up in Central London. I wasn't very active on the forums lately, but will advertise it more in here too.

There is talk of a tourney in July/August, probably near Milton Keynes, anyone interested?

That would be interesting. Good location for us Londoners too, sounds like a good opportunity to bring UK players together a bit. :D

marauder games in stockport are starting a malifaux night on tuesday nights. very large games room. the address is

North west gaming centre

MarauderGames

1st Floor, Hallam Business Centre

Hallam Street

Stockport

SK2 6PT

10 minute drive from the m60 junction 1. over 50 tables available, bar and the lads that run it are top guys. not quite into malifaux yet but i nearly have one converted.

they are talking of building a special board just for malifaux if it takes off so show your support guys. doubt i will make it this tuesday but will be there the week after.

Check out the Durham Wargames Group (link in my sig).

Thursday is club night but members get 24/7 access to the clubhouse.

Are these guys okay with people turning up and doing their own thing then? E.g. Malifaux

Are these guys okay with people turning up and doing their own thing then? E.g. Malifaux

You'd need to join, and there's a formal guest/induction process to become a fee-paying member.

However, once accepted as a new member, any game you want to put on is pretty much fine.

The old codgers will sidle over and have a pop at 'fantasy games', but that's not a problem really...hehe...

marauder games in stockport are starting a malifaux night on tuesday nights. very large games room. the address is

North west gaming centre

MarauderGames

1st Floor, Hallam Business Centre

Hallam Street

Stockport

SK2 6PT

10 minute drive from the m60 junction 1. over 50 tables available, bar and the lads that run it are top guys. not quite into malifaux yet but i nearly have one converted.

they are talking of building a special board just for malifaux if it takes off so show your support guys. doubt i will make it this tuesday but will be there the week after.

sounds like thats Tuesdays sorted from now on then, good news

We have a few players at the October Wargames Club on Birmingham. We meet on a Tuesday between 6 and 10ish. The club is located just at the top of Broad at very close to the city center so it's nice and easy to get to.

Anyone new to the game is more than welcome people would be happy to help new players along so everyone is welcome :)

• 7 months later...
I'm based in Leicester and there's a couple of us trying to suss out the game, when we was playing on Tuesday we got quite alot of intrest, so I feel more people might be coming our way!

Hopefully you can make it to sabreCon at Leicester University this Saturday (5th Feb) where I'll be running participation games.

My friend and I saw Malifaux some time ago and picked a few bits up and tried it once or twice, although we generally played other things.

However a new gaming shop has opened up in Coventry, and we are hoping to get some interest in Malifaux there, so that we have more people to play than just each other.

It's called Escape Games, for anyone who is nearby and been after a new gaming shop.

So on a related note, who are the henchmen near to us, so that i can put them in contact with the store to try and arrange some demos or other activities?

I live in Reading. So far have only played against a friend in London (maxvon_d), and planning a game at my house this weekend, again with friends.

I don't know of any local games; they don't stock Malifaux in Eclectic Games (might ask them about it next time I'm there) which would be the obvious place given that they have game rooms and regular gaming evenings. Sort of maybe half tempted to try and set one up, but not sure I can handle the commitment :afraid:

Im in Lincoln!!! And I'm yet to find anyone from round here :( *weeps*

Maelstrom is like 2hrs away on a train. Get yourself there for the tournament in late February. There will be oodles of players (some of whom might even be friendly).

http://events.maelstromgames.co.uk/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=515

Public transport to Mansfield from where you are is a doddle, and Maelstrom is only a short walk from the Train Station.

Journey Planner:

http://www.travelinemidlands.co.uk/JourneyPlanner.jsp?vm_Reset_str=true

You'll probably find there are some gamers there more local to where you are too, which would be nice.

Adam

Maelstrom is like 2hrs away on a train. Get yourself there for the tournament in late February. There will be oodles of players (some of whom might even be friendly).

http://events.maelstromgames.co.uk/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=515

Public transport to Mansfield from where you are is a doddle, and Maelstrom is only a short walk from the Train Station.

Journey Planner:

http://www.travelinemidlands.co.uk/JourneyPlanner.jsp?vm_Reset_str=true

You'll probably find there are some gamers there more local to where you are too, which would be nice.

Adam

Aw thanks hun! Will see what the other half is up too and may take a trip down (or up... not very good at geography... went to go to lincoln from bristol one time, and ended up in edinborough)

I've recently moved from Milton Keynes (thriving Malifaux community) to Reading (hmmm...not much going on)

Eclectic have a board game evening on Friday that I'd be happy to bring my stuff down and play at and I'm also available during the rest of the week/weekend.

Anyone in the area PM me and I'll see if we can get organised.

I live in Reading. So far have only played against a friend in London (maxvon_d), and planning a game at my house this weekend, again with friends.

I don't know of any local games; they don't stock Malifaux in Eclectic Games (might ask them about it next time I'm there) which would be the obvious place given that they have game rooms and regular gaming evenings. Sort of maybe half tempted to try and set one up, but not sure I can handle the commitment :afraid: