MATERIAL: white metal

PIECES: 36

WEIGHT: 600

SIZE: 54mm

SCALE: 1:32

PRICE: € 62,50

Link:

http://www.pegasomodels.com/

I don't know. It reminds me of Lovecraft sorts of creatures, where he decribed things with all sorts of different crazy body parts, but when you actually try drawing one out, it just looks like a random batch of appendages that's supposed to sound scary but actually looks lame. Like the Great Race- it's a big cone with a bunch of arms at the tip. Sorry, HPL, not scary.

Like the Great Race- it's a big cone with a bunch of arms at the tip. Sorry, HPL, not scary.

I agree on the assessment of the monster.... a bit too much of a mismash...

BUT..I'll have to defend the HPL 'great race'. In the story I read that had the cone guys, they weren't really supposed to be scary...just bizarre, and curious.

Exactly Jim! The Great Race of Yith isn't supposed to be that scary...they're just extremely alien, weird and totally unhuman...which seems cool to me for an alien race. For scary stuff, turn to Leng Spiders, Polyps, Shoggoths, Dark Young, Formless Spawns, Proto-Shoggoths, Elder Gods, etc.

Yes, I love Lovecraft and the whole Mythos thing. There's a reason I started my own game for stuff like that :D

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, does anyone know of a North American ditributor of the Pegaso Fantasy stuff? Lots of listing but only of the historical and naked chick ranges, none of them have the two models I want. I even tried to by direct from pegaso and even tried to pay the THIRTY EURO shipping but they needed me to have a Spanish verified credit card payment option. Que?

So anyone who is in the know, please help!

not sure but I believe historex agents in the uk carry them and ship to the US....

Have you tried asking any f the regular pegaso distributors if they can order them in?? I know a few of the companies here that only sell andrea and pegaso historicals have tagged fabtasy orders on for me when I've asked.

After I posted this one of the good people on WAMP pointed me to Historex. Should work out to less then it would've been from pegaso, pending the shipping. Unless they HAMMER me with shipping should be about 15USD less then direct from pegaso, who I couldn't order from without a Spanish Banco certified credit card, and the instruction page was all in Spanish. 30 euro for shipping they were after too!

It's a good point about asking one of the companies to bring it in for me, but I am very wary of online transactions that involve a company I haven't dealt with. Burned a few times! But it's still a good point. Thanks for the response!

Hey Scott,

I ordered a Kuvar Reaper two weeks ago with SK Miniatures:

http://www.skminiatures.co.uk/

Great service! Steve mailed me three times to inform me about the order which was terrific. The miniature is now in my home and the shipping fee was excellent too. I can really recommend the website, although I do not know how much he charges for orders to the US.