Reaper Miniatures - Two Greens

Do they base them like that any specific reason? Maybe their target crowd realistically never paints/bases them and just plays D&D with them outta the box? Casting reasons?(doubtfull) Personal choice? I hate that damn footplate and was just wondering why they still do that.

Can anyone help the noob catch up on that issue?

The target audience for their DHL line of minis is fantasy role-players who may or may not paint them, but in either case want them ready for use/painting straight out of the blister. They've got sales statistics that back up that multi-part minis or anything else that requires prep does not sell as well, and based on my experiences selling their minis in a game store, I believe them.

Lots of the most avid Reaper users over on their own forums hate the integral bases as much or more than you do, so the topic comes up pretty often and you can read some more info over there if you're of a mind to.

Their Warlord line minis are for gaming and come on tabs. I can't recall which way they went on Chronoscope, that line certainly has multi-part minis.

Their Warlord line minis are for gaming and come on tabs. I can't recall which way they went on Chronoscope, that line certainly has multi-part minis.

Chronoscope also went with the tab. And I'm all for it.

At least they've moved away from their old "broccoli bases" that they used to have. Lord those were annoying.

I hear you on that! I can understand their decision to go with integral bases, but the old broccoli texture I didn't really care for. Yeah, it could kind of look like mud or grass or whatever without much work. My first fully painted mini had one of these and there's just no way to keep the paint from rubbing off the high points on the texture, drove me batty. I think they're a little more difficult to chop off, also.