Savage Malifaux??

joshuaslater

Savage Worlds is okay of a system, but I don't see much ever happening with the system itself. Or much hasn't happened with the system yet I should say.

We play Savage Worlds(Africa 2032) on Wednesdays and while fun it just isn't, full?, finished? It has a number of holes in the system and play can end up stuttery in places.

Creating their own system would be much better imo

Edited by Timberhick

• 3 weeks later...

I'm actually here because the setting has drawn me in, and I do much more RPG'ing than minis these days. I'd be all over a Malifaux RPG.

I am a fan of Savage Worlds and think it would work fine, but I'm also a fan of systems that are built to support a specific setting. Personally, I'd avoid d20 altogether; True20 (from Green Ronin) might be a better and more popular fit or (as much as it pains me to say it) 4E could use an outside-the-box setting like Malifaux.

We've been discussing privately a roleplaying game for some time as I think Malifaux will be a rich and interesting enough setting that it could support that (I'm biased of course) and garner interest from roleplayers.

At the moment though we're going to focus on making certain that Malifaux the skirmish game makes it to market and it properly supported, and if all goes well, get ourselves into a position where we can give equal amounts of attention and love to anything that we might possibly produce in the future.

Please do not go OGL with anything to do with D20...

<sigh>

Savage Worlds would be a great stop-gap, however, I'm with those that would want a setting specific system. I'd still get it if it were SW...however, with Deadlands already there - I'd like the rules to reflect the flavor of the unique Malifaux setting.

Either way - I've got Malifaux... only a few more weeks! ;)

~Shade~

I think a Malifaux RPG would be really interesting. And while I have recently become a fan of savage worlds and am hoping to run my first game using it shortly, my concern would be people would look at it and go "Why is this different to deadlands?"

At the same time saying that I'd prefer it converted to that than to 4ed, which from what I've heard (though could be wrong about) kinda requires companies to jump through hoops backwards to be allowed to publish material for now.