yet another small Mini Company shutting down

wiccanpony

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately everything is feeling the current economic scrunch. And the disposable income sector will feel it harder and harder as people have to start making the tough choices. I used to pick up any nice mini that caught my eye, but lately I've had to limit myself. I've even kept my shopping down to Wyrd, Hasslefree and PP. And even then sometimes I have to pick and choose what I want the most and what I can afford. I'll always enjoy the hobby, but as prices continue to increase (for everything, not just minis), I'll have to just enjoy less of it.

• 4 weeks later...

The economic crunch is hitting everybody. I used to be able to put 25.00 in my gas tank and fill it up. Now it takes close to a hundred to fill my tank. I really have to like a mini to justify spending the money on it. I really like Lilith and her brood, so the skirmish pack was perfect for me.

I heard a few weeks ago; a real BUMMER. Bob Olley made THE BEST DWARVES. He still sculpts for Reaper, so all is not lost. May be like Grenadier, the minis will resurface after awhile under new ownership. One must live in hope.

The disposable income thingy hasn't hit home here:i.e., I didn't have any to begin with. AND to paraphrase Heradotus [cool Greek guy]: "When I have money I buy minis; if any is left, I buy food."

• 5 months later...

He's also sculpting new Scrunts and Dwarf World stuff. I doubled checked after I posted here. Click "What's New" to here it from him directly. or if you're really lazy here it is cut n' paste style:

31 October 2008 and Olleys Armies is Open again for business.

Almost as soon as announcing Olleys Armies closure back in April Bob began to regret and miss it. Old and New customers were so sincere in their expressions of regret at our closing, that it made us look again at what we had, particularly as Bob was beginning to realise that he had lost the outlet for his personal creative freedom that Olleys Armies gave. We eventually decided that we had to open Olleys Armies again but in a more simplified form, with fewer ranges, so Bob is focussing all his efforts on the Scrunts and dwarf World, that way he can concentrate his efforts and just have some fun making the models.We've sold lots of stuff in the Olleys Armies auction and I'm spending the money on new moulds and re-stocking castings.

So here are our first releases since closing, 16 Scrunt Inquisitors. Judgement Day has come and these Scrunt Inquisitors are ready to despense justice and retribution on the evil Mutant Psychics ha ha ha The prices for these are going to be £10 for 4 (£2.50 each) or all 16 for £32 (£2 each) They are quite chunky hence their price. Hope you like them.